Revolve 810 not responsive to keyboard input w/o first swiping trackpad after each curser move (1832 Views)
Top Student
mnowlan
Message 1 of 12 (1,832 Views)

Revolve 810 not responsive to keyboard input w/o first swiping trackpad after each curser move

Revolve 810 not responsive to keyboard input w/o first swiping trackpad after each curser move

I have a revolve 810 Elite Book.  For some reason, the when I use the track pad to hover over and click on a link, a word, an action, select text, or place the cursur where I want to begin typing, the action i expect when i click (accept keystrokes to begin typing, open link, delete text, open hyperlink)  is delayed until i swipe the track pad. Its like I have to again signal I want to use the keyboard for input, when I just used it to place the curser and click!  

For example, when I use the track pad to move the curser to a text field, say, "Message Tags" on this Post Message form  and put my curser in the field and click, I cannot start typing right away - it doesn't recognize the keyboard.  I must first touch the track pad again to wake it up, then I can start typing into the field. 

Another example: when I use the track pad to hover over a check box, say, "Email me when someone replies," I can click on the box, but a check will not appear until I move the curser again by brushing the track pad.

This is SO frustrating.  It's like the keyboard has lost primacy to touch and the pc must constantly be informed the keyboard is sending it signals. 

Student
lross78550
Message 2 of 12 (1,812 Views)

Re: Revolve 810 not responsive to keyboard input w/o first swiping trackpad after each curser move

I have the exact same problem and its driving me crazy. HP needs to release a firmware/driver update that will fix the touchpad keyboard issues on this laptop.

If enough people will post maybe they will do something

Lee

Honor Student
Andy_Me
Message 3 of 12 (1,807 Views)

Re: Revolve 810 not responsive to keyboard input w/o first swiping trackpad after each curser move

I also have this issue and it is incredibly frustrating. This is my new work laptop and I find myself reverting to my old one so I don't have to deal with it. Please fix ASAP.

Honor Student
nportillo
Message 4 of 12 (1,756 Views)

+1 to the comments, I am very frustrated with this error and also dissapointed that no one from HP is engaged or provided an answer :smileysad:

Looks like I'm going to regret my decision for the 810 instead of the Lenovo Carbon X1 :smileysad:

Retired
OrnahP
Message 5 of 12 (1,746 Views)

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums.

Just a reminder that this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

:smileyhappy: Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
:smileyhappy: When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

Top Student
mnowlan
Message 6 of 12 (1,740 Views)

@Moderator: That is a terrible response and worse customer support. This is an HP support forum and even if it weren't, the appropriate response is to re-direct the dicussion to a specific place (not a global contact us page), and offer to share what you know. 

@Others: I'll take it up with customer support and report back.

Mark

Top Student
mnowlan
Message 7 of 12 (1,739 Views)

I found a tech support chat at this location: https://h50203.www5.hp.com/WCLWeb/Chat/WCLChat.aspx.

I was told to download this driver:  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=51...

You can read more about the driver at the link.

Hope this helps!

Honor Student
Andy_Me
Message 8 of 12 (1,733 Views)

I downloaded and installed all of the relevant drivers from the Revolve driver page and have seen multiple problems fixed. I would recommend others to do the same.

This may not be necessary, but it was for me since I did a clean install of windows.

Honor Student
nportillo
Message 9 of 12 (1,725 Views)

Thanks!

Honor Student
nportillo
Message 10 of 12 (1,724 Views)

[ Edited ]

Uhmm thanks for the clarification. A user forum hosted by HP but not used by HP and also HP prefers to have everybody using expensive channels (Chat, phone, email, etc)  ...

As Mark said before it is better to do not answer than provide that answer and let me explain why:

First - because is useless, doesn't add value to the dicussion

Second - it is offensive, because everybody knows that they can contact HP than browse the forums that requires a little more effort

Third - Doesn't drives Self-service (finding the answer right away) which is the idea of having forums 

Fourth - It is an old mindset because there are 3 people having the same problem and your brilliant solution was to ask each of us to call HP instead of post an answer and  provide its benefit to many customers now and in the future.

Bad, bad, bad Mr Moderator :smileysad:...

By the way thanks to Mark I also found this utility that allows you to keep all your drivers up to date. I installed Mark's suggestion and this one and everything is almost back to normal (having some issues with the accelerometer)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=51...

Thanks

Nestor Portillo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation