SD Card won't read in my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6-6001sa) but it will work in my PC. (16994 Views)
Tutor
Kalum
Message 1 of 10 (16,994 Views)

SD Card won't read in my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6-6001sa) but it will work in my PC.

Hi, I am using Windows 7 64-bit, when I insert the SD card into my HP it doesn't read at all, however when it is inserted into my PC or my Brother's laptop it works fine.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 10 (16,990 Views)

Re: SD Card won't read in my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6-6001sa) but it will work in my PC.

Try installing the latest version of the Realtek card driver from the web support portal.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Kalum
Message 3 of 10 (16,988 Views)

Re: SD Card won't read in my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6-6001sa) but it will work in my PC.

Hi, after installing the drivers the SD card still can't be read.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 10 (16,986 Views)

[ Edited ]

Is the card reader recognized by the operating system in the Device Manager? (look in Storage Controllers)

If there is no driver installed you should see a yellow exclamation point next to it. If it is not seen it is probable that there is a hardware issue instead of software. Right click any device and select scan for hardware changes to prompt the OS to look for the device.

cardrdr.png

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Kalum
Message 5 of 10 (16,963 Views)

There's nothing under storage controllers but it says Realtek Card Reader under Memory Technology driver.

Tutor
Kalum
Message 6 of 10 (16,913 Views)

Bump?

Student
Dakalow
Message 7 of 10 (12,811 Views)

i have the same issue with my dv6. this thing been giving me trouble every since i had it. did a system recovery and everything, still slow and hangs up all the time. i have no added software and it test all hardware fine. uuugggggg!!!

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 8 of 10 (12,530 Views)

Hello Dakalow,

Take a look at this document, which provides troubleshooting steps that hopefully, will help resolve your issue.

If I have been helpful or if you’d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it!

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
w_mcclure
Message 9 of 10 (11,909 Views)

What attached file?  

I have this same problem (Pavilion dv6, where smart card/ digital media reader doesnt work).  And apparently does not show up in the device listing.   Brand new machine too -- approx 30 days old.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 10 of 10 (11,791 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello w_mcclure,

What is your product number and operating system?   If it is Windows 8, perhaps this document will help resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation