Question

Tutor
Kalum
Message 1 of 10 (17,929 Views)

SD Card won't read in my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6-6001sa) but it will work in my PC.

Hi, I am using Windows 7 64-bit, when I insert the SD card into my HP it doesn't read at all, however when it is inserted into my PC or my Brother's laptop it works fine.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 10 (17,925 Views)

Re: SD Card won't read in my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6-6001sa) but it will work in my PC.

Try installing the latest version of the Realtek card driver from the web support portal.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Kalum
Message 3 of 10 (17,923 Views)

Re: SD Card won't read in my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6-6001sa) but it will work in my PC.

Hi, after installing the drivers the SD card still can't be read.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 10 (17,921 Views)

[ Edited ]

Is the card reader recognized by the operating system in the Device Manager? (look in Storage Controllers)

If there is no driver installed you should see a yellow exclamation point next to it. If it is not seen it is probable that there is a hardware issue instead of software. Right click any device and select scan for hardware changes to prompt the OS to look for the device.

cardrdr.png

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Kalum
Message 5 of 10 (17,898 Views)

There's nothing under storage controllers but it says Realtek Card Reader under Memory Technology driver.

Tutor
Kalum
Message 6 of 10 (17,848 Views)

Bump?

Student
Dakalow
Message 7 of 10 (13,746 Views)

i have the same issue with my dv6. this thing been giving me trouble every since i had it. did a system recovery and everything, still slow and hangs up all the time. i have no added software and it test all hardware fine. uuugggggg!!!

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 8 of 10 (13,465 Views)

Hello Dakalow,

Take a look at this document, which provides troubleshooting steps that hopefully, will help resolve your issue.

If I have been helpful or if you’d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it!

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
w_mcclure
Message 9 of 10 (12,844 Views)

What attached file?  

I have this same problem (Pavilion dv6, where smart card/ digital media reader doesnt work).  And apparently does not show up in the device listing.   Brand new machine too -- approx 30 days old.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 10 of 10 (12,726 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello w_mcclure,

What is your product number and operating system?   If it is Windows 8, perhaps this document will help resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation