Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have an

HP 26-2100 Desktop (SKU QW795AA#ABA)

that stopped booting.  I ran HP's diagnostics at startup up and got the message:

S.M.A.R.T Test Failed  Error Code 303

From the previous comments, I gather that the hard drive is failing (has failed?) and needs to be replaced.  I am assuming that it is extremely unlikely to be a loose connection.

In replacing the hard drive (without opening the case in advance to look) a couple of basic questions...

What type of Hard Drive? (SATA, etc..) 

Minimum Size/ Speed?

Should the Drive be partitioned? (I believe the original one was with a backup of the operating system on one of the partitions.)

My data was backed up, so I'm okay there, but how do I restore the operating system that was on the hard drive?

Am I better off just buying a new system?

HP Recommended
Hi
I have a hp pavilion 2205 sa note book pc.
I am also having the same SMART hard disk error 301. I have followed the instructions to pack up and run diagnostic check. Which basically to me to replace my hard drive. I did this and I still get the same error message
Thanks Lee
HP Recommended

Hi there;

I have the same problem. The issues is as follows: the HP ALIO Omni 220 PC turns on but it freezes at the Windows Logo. The for square looking shapes with different colors, they spin and form the Windows logo.

My computer freezes right in the middle of the spinning. I ran the Diagnostics and I got a S.M.A.R.T. error code 303. I researched on the internet and came accross this support forum and realised that the HDD is failing.

So far so good; but the funny part is that when I tried another known working HDD it still freezes in the same spot. I ran the diagnostics and all tests pass but the computer still does not boot up.

I have also tried booting in safe mode and the computer still freezes in the same spot [Windows Logo].

I really need your help and advice on what I can do or what I must not do. Please.

HP Recommended

New hard drive -40 days error 303

I fixed it once by resetting windows 10

But its back

HP Recommended
Im also faced same problem... But i got solution
HP Recommended

I have a error 312

What is it

HP Recommended

Huffer is correct. But before you go out and replace your hard drive you need to have it backed up. A "mirror image is your safest option. I am fighting that issue/battle right now with my HP pavilion TS sleekbook. The hard drive failed and the new replacement hard drive does not contain any OEM info regarding HP. This means no matter how many times you try, you will not be able to do a factory recovery or reset. The recovery media is designed to verify the disk has partitions for "OEM and HP Recovery" Now is you know someone who has a similar laptop or computer you may be able to clone your new hard drive from thiers.  By the way my Bios has something called Smart disk or smart check, not sure. That may be the issue. Good Luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.