Question

Honor Student
Ludovico
Message 1 of 3 (210 Views)
Accepted Solution

SSD and Blu Ray burner for Notebook HP ENVY 17-j009el

Hello,

I would like to add a second hard drive (SSD) to my new  notebook but I need to buy its sata cable. Do you know tell me a part number or a store where I buy it?

In addition, I would also buy an internal Blu Ray burner, it must be compatible or any okay?

Thanks

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (197 Views)

Re: SSD and Blu Ray burner for Notebook HP ENVY 17-j009el

[ Edited ]

Your notebook has a second hard disk bay available for a second disk. You will need to order a hard disk hardware kit. It will include a bracket and cable.

. See the Envy 17 Maintenence and Service guide  illustrated parts list for the  hard disk hardware kit part number.  The manual also has the part number for a Blu-ray Disc ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double-Layer compatible with your notebook to replace the original unit.

hardware kit.png

BluRay.png

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Ludovico
Message 3 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: SSD and Blu Ray burner for Notebook HP ENVY 17-j009el

Thanks for the reply.

The addition of the second hard drive and replacing the burner would make me lose my warranty?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation