Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Solution for HP nc6320:

F10 in the laptop bios there is an option

"hd translation" or something like that, with two options: "LBA" and "bit shift"

set to "bit shift". Change it to "LBA" and now SSD boots..... Ok?

/Andor.........

HP Recommended

sorry for bumping an old topic but just recently i run into same issue,  although  in my case SSD stopped working after bios update.

I have a 13"  probook 6360b  , it came with standard 320GB drive.

just recently i installed OCZ Agility 2  60GB   SSD,   it fit nicely into the probook harddrive bay, although i couldn't reuse that screw-on  frame which comes with a HP drive.

Anyway installation of Windows 7 64bit pro  went flawlessly,  i even created several partitions.   Everything was working fine until i've decided to update the software and BIOS  with HP softpaq,   after the reboot  my SSD is not recognizable as you guys describe,  nor i can reinstall my system now.

So in my case SSD was working with an old bios  ,  but unfortunately i can't remember the revision,  maybe F03   (?)  when i find out i'll post an update.

HP Recommended

I just got me a used elitebook 8530w, did not want to spend to much money on an only occasionally used backup system.

changed drive to a intel 300 180GB and getting problem over after every hardreset/system reset.

I flashed BIOS to F20 and after flashing I did not get any error, system bootet OPENsuse fast as hell, did run for hour without any issue. Then I did the mistake and turned it off. And all issues are back.

How about another BIOS update, that really fixes the issue.

After every time system is turned off, there a problem. Even S.M.A.R.T telling me about a near drive failure. 😞

I need to start  up, as AHCI  reboot IDE, reboot AHCI, Reboot AHCI and occasionally it will work again.

HP Recommended

Hello idd5,

Your EliteBook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

An update to my issue with  probook 6360b  and OCZ Agility 2  60GB   SSD.     It turned out it was a SSD disc faulty firmware which caused problem with not recognizing the disc.  I returned it to the shop and got a new one with updated firmware,  everything is working good so far.   

HP Recommended

That's excellent news freddy9!  Thank you very much for updating your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

5 months ago I installed a Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD drive into my HP DV7 notebook along with 8 GB of ram.  It turns out this is not simple to do.  However the Samsung Clone program worked really well.  All the programs, settings, everything works like it did on the old drive.  The only issue at this point is that the HP DV7 won't boot from the SSD drive.  It will only boot if the System Disc is in the DVD drive.  It will find the boot files on the System CD and boot up.  For the time being the solution has been to never shut down the notebook and it works great.  However it would be good to find a way to make the HP DV7 boot from the SSD drive.  The SSD drive is the only drive connected at this time.  Once I get to the point where Windows 7 64 Professional will boot from the SSD drive I intend to reconnect the original HDD, erase it and use it as a backup drive.

Does anyone know how to make the HP DV7 boot from a Samsung 840 SSD drive? 

There are lots of discussions about this but have not been able to locate a solution. 

Thanks in advance! 

HP Recommended
I think boot sector on your new SSD wasn't initiated correctly thus the notebook doesn't start from it and seek other sources like your Dvd drive. I would rather make a new clean Windows install on that SSD, without using that clone program.
HP Recommended

HI Viking,

I'm having the same exact problem with Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250 GB and Elitebook 8540w. 

Did you ever resolve this issue?  Perhaps I should retry with Samsung 256 GB SSD?

Thank you!

mb

HP Recommended

Same problem here. SSD Samsung 840 EVO 500gb, with HP Elitebok8540w. No recovery cd available (also cd drive hasn't functioned since I got the laptop). When attempting to boot with cloned SSD, it states that no system disk is available. Upon booting with recovery usb, within the repair environment I have to select load driver? Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.