Question

Intern
JohnB95
Message 1 of 4 (111 Views)

SYSTEM is fragmented?

For some reason windows reads the system partition as 6% fragmented until analyzed then it becomes 12% fragmented. It never used to be this way, last month it was at 5%. Should I be concerned?

Master's Graduate
spacechild
Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)

Re: SYSTEM is fragmented?

Hello there JohnB95!: by all means you should be concerned.

what this means is that you should defrag before the percentages go up & your computer slows down until looks like it's either frozen or crashed dude!

look at it this way it couldn't hurt & afterwards the % number will go down to zero.

hope this enlightens you

spacechild

Intern
JohnB95
Message 3 of 4 (100 Views)

[ Edited ]

The partition stays at 6% after defrag. Should I use another defrag tool?

Master's Graduate
spacechild
Message 4 of 4 (87 Views)

Hello again JohnB95!:

One defrag app that you could try is from www.iobit.com it's definitely free I don't know what it's called but it's there on that website

in addition you can go to www.majorgeeks.com then on the left side of the latter page look for the category "defrag" double click on it then look for other defrag programs. some are free & others are offered for a trial basis

just to see if solves this computer malady.

good luck

hope this helps you

spacechild

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation