Question

Honor Student
bluewillow
Message 1 of 5 (6,403 Views)
Accepted Solution

Saving webcam photos

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but how the heck do I save pictures captured withe webcam to my picture folders? I've tried everything I can think of.

I have an HP dv7-3079nr and am running Windows 7. I'm about to tear my hair out trhying to figure this out.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (6,373 Views)

Re: Saving webcam photos

Hi,

If you are using MediaSmart Webcam software, any snapshots you take are automatically stored in a folder called Webcam which you should find within your Pictures folder - ie click the Start Menu, click Pictures, then double click the Webcam folder.  You can then either cut or copy the images back into the Pictures folder ( or wherever you wish ).  Videos are stored in a folder called Webcam which is located in your Video folder.

Best wishes and a happy new year,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 3 of 5 (6,366 Views)

Your notebook comes with Cyberlink youcam and you need to change settings for location of the capture folder to Pictures folder .

Check the below link to find more info

http://youcam.helpmax.net/en/using-youcam/cyberlink-youcam-settings/capture-settings/

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
bluewillow
Message 4 of 5 (6,340 Views)

Thank you so much! I didn't see a way to change where the pictures are stored, but at least I found the ones that were already in there. I can live with that!

Nuv Student
Student
Nuv
Message 5 of 5 (4,481 Views)

Hi,

I have a hp pavilion dm3 and i need help on how to save the webcam pictures to my pictures folder on my computer.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation