Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sorry for the wait, I have posted a response on the other link.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

hi

can anyone please help me with laptop.when i try to turn it on.it give black and both scroll and capslock are blinking ang that's it.i always charge the batterie.

HP Recommended

The same problem here with a HP dv4-1313dx. It showed a black screen and the caps lock/scroll led blinked 4 times.

I removed one of the RAM memory modules and started booting again.

Regards

Martin

HP Recommended

Wish I had more time.  I have tired some of the suggestions (but not  oven).  We have abandon hope and have moved on. 

I continue to be surprised that HP has done nothing. {Content Removed} clearly there are compelling numbers and evidence of a faulty problem given normal use tantamount to gross negligence on HP’s part both in the product and in handling the complaints.  Even if HP threw me a bone in a discount on an HP product, I could at least meet them half way.  But knowing the problem, and doing absolutely nothing seems so bizarre.  If I had one question for HP it would be “Tell me what I don’t know, that you have taken this route to addressing this issue”. 

I work in Marketing Research (mostly Automotive).  One dissatisfied customer, whose complaint has been ignored, has a much greater affect than that one person.  HP does not just make laptops.  This affects the whole range of products that maybe top of line.  Even if HP does not view this discussion board as an official complaint, it can’t ignore that it exists on their site.  I guess we should be happy that they have not deleted this thread all together.  Just my 2 penny.

HP Recommended

same problem. now i really regret buying my compaq cq40. they just stole my money with a defective product.

HP Recommended

HP Pavillion Entertainment PC

model # DV4T - 1500

IPN VB434AV

I had my PC on battery sitting on a stack of papers. When I opened it still on the battery only the mute and internet lights were red. When I plugged it in the scroll/Num block and Caps Lock LED's were blinking steadily and continuously about every 1 1/2 seconds. Icon on screen says "15% available, plugged in and not charging.

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi Lilis. This document has the troubleshooting steps to try to determine what is preventing the battery from charging. Go through the steps and let me know if you need more assistance.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00259897

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have recently encountered this issue to learn that based on the blink code my processor is no longer functioning properly. How can I get a new one? I am no longer under warranty with HP so they won't help me with the issue unless I pay a dramatic service fee.

HP Recommended

nothing. just buy another product. i don't know if you'll be trusting HP again. we're all scammed. you're lucky you didn't encouter the problem wherein the video screen flickers. but now my unit is useless because it won't even boot. sheyt!

HP Recommended

But why buy another product if I can fix the one I have, and I need all of my files that are on that laptop. I got  Chrome Book for portability for now....it's pretty good minus a few software limitations but I really need my files off of that dv4.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.