Question

Student
spfldbeer
Message 1 of 2 (791 Views)

Second HP Laptop with a bad motherboard

Thanks to a very nice customer service rep, I learned this morning that my HP Pavilion dv9700 has a bad motherboard which HP will not cover.  This laptop replaced my first laptop, also an HP, that had a bad motherboard.  Since HP can't get their motherboards right, I won't be buying another one.  The worst part is that my daughter had her final paper for an advanced placement history class on this computer.  She was working on it when it died.  Hopefully my computer repair shop can get the file off the hard drive.  I'm sure HP will delete this post, but I wanted to post anyway.  If you plan on buying an HP laptop, plan on replacing it yearly. 

Student
trinaty4242
Message 2 of 2 (547 Views)

Re: Second HP Laptop with a bad motherboard

hp knows it is having a problem with it''s motherboard and two others are about to start a class action lawsuit just like the one dell has for 11 million dollars..with my research i am finding so many others where hp will not assist them and the motherboards they are using are not normal boards you can't find them anywhere. they must come from china.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation