Question

Intern
cbbob
Message 1 of 3 (195 Views)
Accepted Solution

Shutting down

I have a Pavilionlaptop running windows 8.1. I used to be able to move the mouse pointer to the right and hit the shut down buttom and it would shut down.

Now when I move the pointer to the right nothing happens. Can I get some help?

Thanks

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 2 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: Shutting down

Hello cbbob,

I have read your post on how you are not able to shut down your Windows 8.1 computer by clicking in the top right hand corner, and I would be happy to assist you!

To shut down your computer, you will need to be in the Start Menu

Shut Down, Restart, Windows 8, Windows 8.1

Once you are here, click or tap the Shut Down button and the menu is displayed with all the relevant options, including Shut down.

Shut Down, Restart, Windows 8, Windows 8.1

reference: http://www.7tutorials.com/5-ways-shut-down-or-restart-windows-8-computer-or-device

For further assistance, I will need to know:

• The Product and Model Number of your notebook computer.
  • The version of Windows you have installed on your computer.
  • If your computer has completed all of its important Windows Updates.
  • If you have updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant.
  • If this is an on-going, or recent issue.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Intern
cbbob
Message 3 of 3 (152 Views)

Re: Shutting down

MechPilot: Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation