Question

Tutor
nigharsh
Message 1 of 9 (152 Views)

Sick of this laptop HP spectre XT

not a few months have passed before I got my laptop lid replaced by HP, I have another problem to my fate.

I noticed a small(about 1.5 inch thick as a hair) crack on the upper left corner of my screen. My laptop had been stored unused in my cupboard for a couple of days before that which signifies no physical shock/damage. 

After two days, I am seeing that the small crack has been extended long(about 4 inches now). It flickers when I close/open the lid. 

I have faced dissapointment from the same laptop more than two times. The last repair ended up with my laptop loosing it's hibernating/sleep capabilities. The phone support isn't responsive and tests my patience. Is there a way that I skip calling HP? 

I have my laptop in 3 years extended warranty. The first year ended a few months ago.

Is there somebody helpful(read: Human) enough to guide me through this?

Regents Professor
visruth
Message 2 of 9 (141 Views)

Re: Sick of this laptop HP spectre XT

hi nigharsh

check out your inbox, I've send you a private message describing a plausible solution.

hope it helps,

thanks,

+++ Click Kudos / White thumb to say thanks
+++ Click Accept as Solution if this solves your issue
Regents Professor
visruth
Message 3 of 9 (129 Views)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/My-HP-Spectre-XT-screen-just-cracked/td-p/23...

It's a major issue with this model, so sad!

Tutor
nigharsh
Message 4 of 9 (126 Views)

this model has multiple widespread issues. Had I known this at the time of purchasing.

Regents Professor
visruth
Message 5 of 9 (122 Views)

it's just that this time you were at the receiving end, that's all. hope the solution I suggested works!

thank you,

Tutor
nigharsh
Message 6 of 9 (106 Views)

I recieved a call from HP saying that your need to take your product to the nearest service center and get the damaged part replaced on your cost as it is not covered.

I insisted them to look into the matter before declaring anything and to check before telling me that damage was caused at my end.

They've asked for pictures, then they will look into the matter.

I've supplied them with pictures. Waiting for reply.

I don't want to pay for using my laptop normally with all the care I can. A laptop so fragile that opening/closing will damage the laptop?  Does HP want that we never open our lids? How are we supposed to use their laptops then? :smileysad: :/

Regents Professor
visruth
Message 7 of 9 (103 Views)

Thanks for the update. Will wait for them to respond. Is the 3 year warranty not covering hardware on-site repair?

Explicitly convince them about this issue and related developments in here HP forums, though it is not going to help out anything as such.

Hope for best then, Good luck!

Tutor
nigharsh
Message 8 of 9 (83 Views)

I got a reply from HP and they are telling me that it is clearly physical damage and that I will have to pay for getting it replaced.

I still have no idea how is it physical damage to use my laptop normally :smileysad:

HP needs to make better laptops or make their service excellent.

I was thinking to buy another HP laptop for my mother, it won't be HP now.

Also, a friend asked me for suggestions, I suggested him HP, I deeply regret that decision now as I regret buying my own. :smileysad:

Is there anything known as customer satisfaction?

Don't make us regret our choices HP.

Tutor
nigharsh
Message 9 of 9 (56 Views)

I got a visit from the engineer and recieved the call just now.

They have declared that this is a case of physical damage and my warranty does not cover it.

I still wonder how normal usage of laptop can result in physical damage.

Why should I pay for cheap defective parts over and over again?

Now the screen has a full crack. I feel like smashing my head into the screen. But then they will tell me that my head caused more physical damage :smileysad:

Is there anyone who will listen. Or am I just wasting my time?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation