Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hey there!

This is my first post here, so bear with me :smileyhappy: 

We recently swapped out our EliteBook 8470p and 2170p's that had it's sim card slot behind the battery for use with the mobile broadband module (at least if i remember correctly for the 2170p).

But now, on the 820 and 840 G1's I'm unable to find this. Shouldn't it be somewhere? I mean, how else are my customers going to use the mobile broadband module? :smileyhappy:

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

With additional eyes from a couple of my colleagues we found it. I'm attaching a screenshot of the sim card slot on the 820. Maybe it will help others :smileyhappy:

It was under the battery on these models as well, but with a barely visible SIM marking. :smileyhappy: 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

With additional eyes from a couple of my colleagues we found it. I'm attaching a screenshot of the sim card slot on the 820. Maybe it will help others :smileyhappy:

It was under the battery on these models as well, but with a barely visible SIM marking. :smileyhappy: 

HP Recommended

So if I have an external Verizon USB device, I can take the SIM card out of it and install it behind the battery as shown in my G1 820 notebook and I'll be able to get rid of my external device?

I've looked at my network adapters in my 820 and don't know whether it came with the appropriate wireless adapter or not.  The attached JPG is a screenshot of my adapters.  Note that the Pantech adapter is my external Verizon USB adapter.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

HP Recommended

THank you very much to attached the picture of location of SIM... HP should make it visible by writing in dark colour.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.