Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Keytrouble,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that intermittently the apostrophe key and the question mark key quit responding.  I regret that you have this difficulty!

Here is  a link to Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 7) to assist you. 

Here is a YouTube video on How to Clean a Laptop Keyboard, that may also be helpful.

If you would like further assistance, please provide your exact model of HP notebook and the operating system you are running.   How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I had bought HP pavillion 15-N259TX laptop in May 2014. From last 2 weeks some keys like G,H,Backspace ,Windows short Key are not working. I had registere case with HP care on 25 July. But till date no body came to my place to trouble shoot it....This is a very bad service i ever seen. No would care to contact about problem My all works is got stuck due to it..tempororrly i am using external USB keyboard...

HP Recommended

Hi narendralete,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you purchased your notebook in May 20104, and for the last 2 weeks some of the keys are not working,

You contacted HP care but have not received a call back on the issue.   I regret that there has not been any follow up for you.

Here are links that may assist you. Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 😎 and  HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors). Here is a link to Updating the BIOS.  I suggest you contact HP support for assistance with updating the bios as you are in warranty and it does have the potential to cause damage.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region  Technical Support Sitemap

You could also do a restore back to before this issue was present or try a refresh you PC.

Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

An employee in a computer store recommended to use a vacuum cleaner to get a possible dirt particle out. The compressed air had not worked. We did, and the vacuum cleaner swallowed the key. We retireved the key and after a little while were able to put it back on and it worked!

Thanks Sparkle for trying to help, but none of your suggestions worked.

HP Recommended

some of keys stopped working  {last row keys - "z", "x", "c", "v", "m"   and the space bar    suddenly they work and suddenly they stop working ...why is this happening my lappy is just 3 months old should i visit the hp care ....    i experienced it twice but the problem was solved will this repeat should i make my lappy visit the hp care.... is the internal problem of keyboard or the settings of sticky keys

HP Recommended

Hi @dayakarvizag

I see you had an issue with your keyboard, but you were able to resolve it.  You would like to know if it will happen again.

It most likely was not hardware.  If it does happen again and you are in warranty I would call HP care just so there is a record of the issue. 

As the issue is resolved now, it is not likely they could do anything as it is already taken care of.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

my laptop model is hp 8440p i installet in windows 7 os my laptop delete, backspace and up arrow, down arrow key not working pls help me

HP Recommended

my laptop model is hp 8440p i installedin windows 7 os my laptop delete, backspace and up arrow, down arrow key not working pls help me

HP Recommended
I have an elite book 8530p HP laptop. I spilt soda on keyboard now g h m v and backspace keys don't go. The cursor has frozen. H is part of password to login help please
HP Recommended

@JohnB95

That is still a very bad thing to try. It is not worth the risk of bricking the notebook by corrupting the BIOS. That is what could easily happen.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.