Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

My Hp Laptop has gone through a serious problem. Its Spacebar,Enter,Delete,up and down Arrow keys have stopped working . I am not sure how this problem caused . So i gone  through varios fixes, that were -

1. Rstoring to an earliar date.

2. Re-installling Keyboard driver

3. Formating the System.

The third fix Formating helped me and my keys started working . After some day I installed a software HP Network Manager but this after installing it again those keys stopped working and also the LED lights on Caps Lock and Wi- fi are not turning on but these two are functioning normally.

the some of the information related my HP laptop are-

Model: Pavilion G6

ram 4 gb.

can anyone please suggest me is it a hardware related problem or some software/driver  related ? And also what next i do to fix this serious issue...

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Alien004,

You and Advance23 have pretty much covered everything at this point and I believe that it is a hardware issue. I would advise that you contact HP regarding a possible repair. You can reach HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or start here outside of North America.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Alien004,

I understand that you are having a problem with your keyboard on your HP computer. I will try my best to help you with this problem. To better guide you, could you please tell me the full model or product number of your computer and the operating system that is running on it. Here are some guides for How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? and Which Windows operating system am I running?.

In the meantime, follow the steps in this document for Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 😎, that may just resolve this issue for you.

I hope this information helps, please keep me posted on how it goes.

Best of luck and have a great day!

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

@Advance23- Thanks for your quick reply. The details of my laptop are-

Model- HP-Pavilion g6 2134 tx,

Ram- 4GB,

Operating System- Windows 7 Home Basic

Processor- 2.3 GHz Intel Core i3-2350M

Hard Drive - 500 GB SATA (5400 rpm)

Sir, i want to tell you some other issues i have noticed in these days that -when I turn off Wi-fi or Bluetooth button i.e. F12 then the keys-Spacebar,Enter,Delete,up and down Arrow keys stop working but after turning it on all keys start function normally. 

There is no other issue except these . I have formated my system twice but the problem continues. Is this a driver issue or any kind of hardware/software problem ?? Please provide me detailed troubleshooting methods. Thanks in advance...

HP Recommended

Hi Alien004,

You and Advance23 have pretty much covered everything at this point and I believe that it is a hardware issue. I would advise that you contact HP regarding a possible repair. You can reach HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or start here outside of North America.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi BHK6 ,
Yes it was issue with the keyboard ..... i replaced it and now its working....all keys are functioning normally and led's on the button are also illuminating....
Thanks for all ur assistance....
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.