Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
I can report the same with my new i5 version. Adjusting power options seemed to have no effect. I'm probably going to have to return it as it's no good for use on your lap.
HP Recommended

So I'm actually here to apologise HP. It does get hot, when powered on and charging but barely gets warm, even in High Performance mode and being made to work hard, when not being charged. Which, all things considered, is pretty understandable.

Nice work, sorry for griping about nothing.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having the same issue with my Spectre x360 (so much so that I made another thread). I've actually had thermal shutodwns with my i7 version. It becomes so incredibly hot to the touch that it's just... unbearable. Any tips on how to fix this would be great.

HP Recommended

I have had my new model (the i7 with windows 10 preoaded) for about a week and i must say the bottom of this thing would burn my skin if i left it on my lap for more than 2 minutes. Surely there will be a huge recall with this. Other than that, i love it. PLEASE FIX THIS. I can fry eggs on it!

HP Recommended

Same problem and I am only surfing the web. Tried updating bios as recommended but there are multiple bios options to select and cannot tell which to select. After loading one have to go thru whole process again to update each one.

HP Recommended

Just bought mine (i5) and same: bottom heat turns unbearable on lap after short use and though I can put a pad uderneath I feel the heat is too much and could harm de hardware or performance (I'm not using it while charging).  

This is unexpected and very unpleasant for the use I want to give it so Im rethinking my purchase and may be forced to return.  Would like to keep it, though, please help

Thks

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I returned my Spectra 360 i7 and bought a new one thinking it was a defected computer, but now the second one is having the same problem. I may just have to return it and get the Dell. It really shouldn't be a problem though because the one's at Best Buy were not hot at all and those things are running all day. HP please help!!!

HP Recommended

Hey, HP Support, where are you and why do you never answer questions on this forum?

The one answer above is supposedly from a "real" HP support person, but it is actually a boiler-plate pre-written response that is often used here on the forum as if it is an answer, but it is not: (I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

Can you please give a real answer why so many of us are experiencing this boiling hot laptop bottom?  Everything that everybody said above is true: it's the upper left corner only, it is indeed so hot that you can't hold it on your lap, it is indeed so hot that it seems like it will self-damage the laptop.

If there is indeed some fan setting or power saver setting that is causing this, please tell us exactly what the fan setting or power saver setting should or should not be.

Hot computers are an ancient problem, how can a brand new 2015 computer have this problem?

HP Recommended

I'm now on my 4th i7 unit from Best Buy. Each of the units ran hot in the upper left corner and side. For me this is not a problem because I never place any laptop directly on my lap. Even Macs and other PC's that don't get too hot, will give me legs a bad feeling after sitting on me too long. A low warmth on your body, for too long,  is not good thing as far as I'm concerened. Also keep in mind that the bottom of the unit has an air intake grill and the 4 stubs are very shallow due to the tablet mode. at home if not on my desk, I rest my x360 on  a wood board which sits on a pillow, blanket, etc. This makes sure that my unit is always free to inhale from the bottom. This upper left corner heat when charging is not in an area that I need to touch. I can press the esc key in that corner without feeling the heat.  

HP Recommended

Not happy.  My old computer, I literally had to put ice on to keep it from overheating.  I was very excited about getting a laptop to travel with that could also be a tablet and not overheat.  

I turned on my spectre i7 and the fan went on right away and the heat is ridiculous.  What am I supposed to do now?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.