Spilled orange juice on the keyboard.... please help.... laptop not starting (2528 Views)
Student
Manasi
Message 1 of 4 (2,528 Views)

Spilled orange juice on the keyboard.... please help.... laptop not starting

Hey,

2 months back I accidently spilled a glass full of orange juice on my HP Pavillion dv6810us laptop. I was so scared and thought that the laptop is dead. But to my suprise it was in a working condition and had absolutely no probs. It did had the sticky keys though ; but had no issues with its working. Then after almost 1 and half month, it started giving the problems like it use to light up when the power button was pressed and then the lights used to go off and it did not boot. Then I discovered that after pressing the power button, then instantly hitting the ESC key, it used to boot. Then after 2 more weeks even that failed. Now the lights are ON sometimes (not often) but the fan stops in between and then it stops completely without booting the computer.

Been to one of the service centers ( Non HP), but they told that I need to get a new laptop as there is some problem with the motherboard. ?He didnt even check my laptop. So just wanted to get ur opinion before going for a new laptop. I love my HP laptop and would not want to part with it....

Please help !!

Regards!

Master's Graduate
bwolper
Message 2 of 4 (2,456 Views)

Re: Spilled orange juice on the keyboard.... please help.... laptop not starting

Did you ever get an answer to your question?  Let us know.

In this forum, clicking on Kudos is a great way of saying thanks.  :smileywink:

Top Student
Livingstone
Message 3 of 4 (2,453 Views)

Re: Spilled orange juice on the keyboard.... please help.... laptop not starting

Hi,

1. Hard Reset
==========

1.  Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove from any port replicator or docking station.
2.  Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
3.  Press and hold down the power button for about 30 seconds.

NOTE: Holding down the power button while the computer is turned off drains any residual charge in the capacitors.

4.  Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.
5.  Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
6.  Use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally, if it is not already highlighted, and then press the enter key.
7.  You can now try to use the notebook PC as usual.

2. BIOS Default
============

Restart the computer and wait 30 seconds, turn the power on and keep tapping F10.

1.  This will take you to the BIOS screen, now press F9 key or Select Load Setup Defaults.
2.  Select Save Changes and Exit.

Now try to turn it ON.

Do you hear any beeping sounds or any error while laptop is starting.

Plz check and letme know the status.

Student
cbabumdu
Message 4 of 4 (1,735 Views)

I had a similar problem of juice spilled all over the place in my laptop. I followed the instruction and it worked. Thanks for your great Tip.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation