Question

Top Student
eitan
Message 1 of 16 (5,530 Views)
Accepted Solution

Standard USB Host Controller

Hi,

The USB connection used for connecting to a printer failed. Trying to fix it I removed the Standard USB Host Controller Port_#0001.Hub_#0009 and as a result the device is now marked as "unknown device" with status= error#43.

How can I fix it?

Thanks, Eitan

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 16 (5,522 Views)

Re: Standard USB Host Controller

Uninstall the printer software, reboot and install it again.

Top Student
eitan
Message 3 of 16 (5,518 Views)

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have followed the following steps (from Microsoft support forum) but it didn't solve the problem:

Lets reinstall the USB Controllers.
First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:
1. Click "Start" button, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.
2. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".
3. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers". 
Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.   

All usb driver items restored correctly with the exception of one line that still shows "unknown device", with the following details:

Standard USB Host Controller

Port_#0001.Hub_#0009

Error 43

What else can I do?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 16 (5,515 Views)

What else can I do?

Try my suggestion

Top Student
eitan
Message 5 of 16 (5,513 Views)

I did this too, however the USB port is no longer recognized, so I can not assign the printer to a USB port...

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 6 of 16 (5,511 Views)

[ Edited ]

When you did the device manager reinstall was the printer unplugged from the usb port?

Is the printer connected to a USB port on the PC or a USB hub?

Top Student
eitan
Message 7 of 16 (5,490 Views)

I do not use external USB HUB.

The printer was connected to the USB port.

So I clicked remove to the printer device, disconnected the usb port and reboot. Now the error does not appear in the driver list, but the printer appears again in the printer and fax list (don't know how), so I will download the device manager from the web. Hope I am doing it correctly this time.

Top Student
eitan
Message 8 of 16 (5,487 Views)

I probably missed something here. When you say "uninstall" the printer device manager, how do you do it?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 9 of 16 (5,476 Views)

@eitan, they uninstalled the usb "controller" in device manager, not the printer, this needs to be done in Control Panel>Programs and Features

Top Student
eitan
Message 10 of 16 (5,475 Views)

I probably missed something here. When you say "uninstall" the printer device manager, how do you do it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation