Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone!

I've read that:

NOTE: If you do not see Switchable Graphics Mode in the BIOS or it cannot be selected, see the following section Updating the BIOS to enable Fixed Mode .

However,  I didn't see that switachable craphics mode is seen in my BIOS:

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv6-6093ex

Product Number : LM610EA#A2N

Version of BIOS is: F.05.

Vendor of BIOS is: Insyde

Also, I would say that my BOIS is not a UEFI BIOS because I cannot navigate the menus with a mouse but only just with the keyboard.

However, I really was told that I shouldn't update the BIOS unless I am having a problem with it.

Thus, I am afraid that if I had updated it, I would be encountring some problems not loading my machine well. However, I really want to know how to switch to external or internal adapter, thus I read here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02948560

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please see OpenGL Applications Cannot Use Discrete GPU with Intel + AMD Switchable Graphics for the basic procedure to update the BIOS and change the BIOS setting.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) (SP54024) F.1A REV: A or later

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) (sp55068) F.1B

and

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver (SP53025) 8.830.6.2000 or later

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver (sp55092) 8.882.2.3000

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

@lasvegaswireman wrote:

Please see OpenGL Applications Cannot Use Discrete GPU with Intel + AMD Switchable Graphics for the basic procedure to update the BIOS and change the BIOS setting.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) (SP54024) F.1A REV: A or later

and

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Thanks a lot,

I really have read that procedure, but, I really was told that I shouldn't update the BIOS unless I am having a problem with it. Thus, While updating BIOS  if I had made a mistake which might avoid my machine to load well, what should I do?

How can I be in more safe while updating BIOS? Is there any way?

HP Recommended

I can switche between two graphics 'Intel graphics and ATI Radeon Graphics', although the ' that switachable craphics mode is not seen in my BIOS at all.

Capture.JPG

Then, I think I don't need to update BIOS to add this option:

Insyde BIOS Setup Utility screen showing Switchable Graphics setting.

HP Recommended

Could any expertes at this splendid forum take some of his precious time out to really reply to me?

I really have all of these drivers below installed on my system, thus I need  newer ones.

and

Besieds, I really have updated my BIOS from version: F.05 into F.1B, but the switachable Graphics mode in this screen shot below wasn't found at all. Also, there is no Intel Smart Tecnology in BIOS as it here in this screen shot. I don't know why.

My GUPs are AMD Radeon and Intel graphics.

Insyde BIOS Setup Utility screen showing Switchable Graphics setting.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.