Question

Tutor
JakeInc
Message 1 of 4 (907 Views)

Synaptics TouchPad Right Click Button Won't Open Menu

After replacing the palmrest of my HP HDX X16T-1000 CTO notebook, the Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad functions correctly EXCEPT for the right click buttonI cannot get this button to function as an ordinary mouse right click (i.e. opening a menu to copy, cut, paste etc.).  The right button does exactly the same thing as the left button (single or double click to open and close programs).  All the Synaptics software settings are correct and I even rolled back the driver to a previous version without any change whatsoever.  Upon updating the driver to the latest version, still no change (the right button and left button do the same thing).  The "new" palmrest I installed (used from eBay but in VERY good condition) matched the original exactly.  I am using Windows 7 64 bit OS.  Any ideas?  Thanks...

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 4 (878 Views)

Here is a document on changing the different settings for the touch pad: http://goo.gl/xbBKy

There is a section in that document for configuring the left and right click buttons.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
JakeInc
Message 3 of 4 (865 Views)

Re: Synaptics TouchPad Right Click Button Won't Open Menu

Thank you for the reference.  I have already tried all those procedures without success.  Another "HP Expert" believes I received a BAD palmrest.  Totally a hardware issue????

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 4 (854 Views)

If after trying all those steps, then it is very possible that it is a hardware issue. Is your notebook still in warranty? If so, I would recommend contacting HP phone support at 1-800-474-6836.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation