Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well , I upgraded to windows 8 pro which enevtually upgraded to windows 8.1 pro on my HP Pavilion g7-1350dx Notebook PC I downloaded all the drivers form hp website and then installed then the only one that is problematic here is the synaptics touchpad driver. The sysnaptics controll penal provides a variety of options like two finger scroll(that I use most),three finger flick,edge motion (very useful in windows 😎 e.tc. These otions all work very well but the problem is that they stop working when ever they like touchpad hangs for a while and then start working like a typical mouse without any scrolling and other functions. So then I go to control panel and click on Synaptics Touchpad V7.5 after a long time a "Properties for Synaptics Touchpad V7.5 on P/S 2 port" open and there I see all my useful opttions unchecked and I have to do all the settings again after which the touch pad starts working normally and the cycle like this continues. Please help me as this becomes very awkward while doing multimedia presentations as i don't always carry a wireless mouse with me. Help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Erico for responding to my message. But, now I am glad to tell you that the problem is gone and solution for me to that was to download the driver availble under windows 7 label on hp support site is working well for me without any problem but it is strange that the latest driver was not designed to work with upcomming updates while the older one is still doing better.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, you are having the issue because of the upgrade to Windows 8.1. It  left you without a supported driver for the Synaptics touchpad. You might consider downgrading back to Windows 8 to avoid the issue and turning off automatic updates to Windows.

Did you install the Windows 8 driver  softpaq in compatibility mode?

Did the issue begin right after the upgrade to Windows 8.1 or was it after a specific Windows update?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks Erico for responding to my message. But, now I am glad to tell you that the problem is gone and solution for me to that was to download the driver availble under windows 7 label on hp support site is working well for me without any problem but it is strange that the latest driver was not designed to work with upcomming updates while the older one is still doing better.

HP Recommended

HP pavilion dv6 notebook touchpad not working on win 7 64-bit. I've tried system restore many times - no luck. I've tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the synaptics driver many times, no luck. What could it be?

HP Recommended

Nick Stermon welcome to HP support , can please tell that how it happened or does it happen allof a suden like when you first shutdown your PC touchpad was working and when you turned on your PC next time it din't work at all,did you installed updates or any other software just before the problem and las question did you installed th correct driver?

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying.

It happened while I was using it about two weeks ago. I uninstalled then installed the driver many times. System Restore did not help either. HELP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.