Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My touchpad driver stopped working last evening. By morning it was working perfectly and suddenly it stopped. I uninstalled and the reinstalled the driver but still its not working. Please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Uninstall Synaptics Touchpad drivers through Control Panel > Programs and Features , reboot the computer and install updated one from here

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
HP Recommended

Could you please post complete product/model number of your Notebook?

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

I have pavilion dv6-6043tx with windows 7 home basic...also the device manager does not show the mouse device...in control panel it shows the external mouse that i use currently but under the synaptics tab nothing is displayed

HP Recommended

Uninstall Synaptics Touchpad drivers through Control Panel > Programs and Features , reboot the computer and install updated one from here

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Hey it worked....i just uninstalled the driver and tried the one you suggested...after reboot it worked...guess the driver that i was reinstalling had some problems...thank you very much....

HP Recommended

Hi all! Someone tested this driver on Photoshop?? It doesn't work for "Hand tool" when you press "space bar" and try move on touchpad... 😞

But that functionality works perfect without that driver (15.2.4.4). I have HP Pavilion dv6 6078er(win 7 Home Basic 64)

Help please. Thanks!

HP Recommended

My touchpad is also not working there is now a little Lamp burning on the left side of the touchpad. Is it not possible to activate the touchpad via hotkey. I got a Elite 8460p

HP Recommended

I tried installing the driver that the HP employee suggested, and the driver failed to install.  I tried again and it failed again.  I have a HP Pavilion dv7 notebook and am running Vista.  Can you suggest another approach to getting my touch pad back on line?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

My touchpad mouse is not working at all and an external mouse is also not working.  By keyboard, I can get to the Device Manager and both (touchpad and external mouse) have a small yellow symbol next to them. Because I have no use of a mouse I can't not uninstall/reinstall the driver.  I have tried the suggested hard restart  suggested in a different forum but it still isn't working. I am currently not in the country so I can't bring it to anyone to figure out the problem. Is there a way for me to be able to uninstall and reinstall the driver without using a mouse (a way to do it through the keyboard)?? Or is there another solution??

HP Recommended

I want to be able to talk to someone today during the forum... how will I contact these experts? I am living in FRance at the momment.... my email is caoceanlady@yahoo.com

Please help me.

Mtnrose

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.