Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion DV6-1360us

HP Recommended

How about for a G42-230US Notebook? I tried the DL listed above and it wouldn't even let me get into the mouse option. 

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem. I have an Pavilion dv5

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, also with a Pavillion dv5. It started just days ago--the touchpad simply stopped working. Device manager says that the touchpad is working fine, and is able to detect it. I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and then installing a new set, and so on. So far, nothing has helped.

HP Recommended

My touchpad mouse is also not working and an external mouse is also not working. pls help me. Mine is dv6 1441ee. thanks in advance

HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion d7 and my Synaptics Touchpad is not working either. I uninstalled the software but I do not know where to find the update software that is compatiable with my laptop. Someone please help me:catsad:.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

All i had to do was uninstall Synaptics from (Control Panel - Add or Remove Program), Then i restarted the Laptop. The Touchpad started working again.

HP Recommended

1)  step 1 synaptics touch pad driver uninstall & reinstall via controlpanel

2) step 2  CHECK Mainly  your windows update  other wise hackers and trojan virus will attack after that your touch pad ,external mouse will not work .

completely scan your full system and external devices.

HP Recommended

Hello

Same problem I shut down and when I opened no touchpad. I had done an upgrade from Office 2007 to 2010. in the last 34 hours but the touchpad had been working.

My Hp Laptop INFO

Pavillion dv6

SN:CNF9333VGV

PN:NV068UA#ABA

MN: dv6-1245 dx

Running Win 7 Home Preimum 64 bit

Jim Sperry

HP Recommended

@kamat_hp wrote:

Could you please post complete product/model number of your Notebook?

@kamat_hp wrote:

Could you please post complete product/model number of your Notebook?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.