Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My touchpad driver stopped working today afternoon. It was working perfectly and suddenly it stopped and i have recently (last week) purchased it. I uninstalled and the reinstalled the driver but still its not working. Please help me.. Also, please note down my Notebook details:

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

{Private Information Removed}

Product number: E3B55PA#ACJ

Windows 8 Single Language 64-bit 

Date of Purchase: 24 Aug. 2013

Regards,

Yash Bansal

{Private Information Removed}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello ,

Please check the following in the control panel, it is possible the touchpad has been turned off.

You can enable the double tapping feature on/off feature.

touchpad.JPG

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I tried Uninstaling Synaptics Touchpad drivers through Control Panel > Programs and Features, rebooted the computer and install updated one from Drivers Download (sp61881.exe) but it did not helped. The touchpad is still the same.

I am getting the below error when i am tring to access the Mouse Properties.

error.png

Urgent help will be highly appretiated. Waiting.

Regards,

Yash

HP Recommended

Hello ,

Please check the following in the control panel, it is possible the touchpad has been turned off.

touchpad.JPG

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

it work,,,,,,thanks ......

@Sanchertx wrote:

Hello ,

touchpad.JPG

HP Recommended

I have tried the suggestion of going to the control panel and my setting were not turned off.  I disabled then enabled the touchpad but my mouse touchpad is still not working.  What next?

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem! I have searched all over the internet. HELP!

HP Recommended
Can you post the steps to get there? Picture is not very clear.
HP Recommended
I have just bought my laptop last week and now my touchpad isnt working, I have tickedthe box as shown in photo but it keeps unchecking itself, iv been at this nearly three hours.....
HP Recommended

This is what worked for me...

Go to and open;

Control panel

Device manager

Mice and other pointing devices

Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

Driver

Rollback Driver (Yes)

Update driver

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

i uninstalled synaptics touchpad for my hp pavillion 15 notebook r043 and i dont know how to reinstall it and i dont have driver to install can you get me the link with appropriate procedure...thanku

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.