Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Busykid508, I have successfully followed your instructions, but I am unable to run the flash because it isn't seeing the drive. That is, when I open the Flasher, the Select Drive window is populated with, "Drive not found".  So, when I load the speedpatch.bin file, I get the following message:  "This firmware is not compatible with the selected drive."

I would add that in Device Manager, the drive is recognized and appears enabled.

Do you happen to have any suggestions as to what I need to do to get the Flasher to see the drive?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

LOL...well darn!  I might just replace it.  Tired of messing with it. 

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have tried both of your methods and I still receive the error, "Can't find Suitable Drive for F/W". What other options are there? Please respond when you can as this has been a CHALLENGE!!!

kecia33

HP Recommended

Oaktree, I purchased and installed a new dvd drive in my HP G60 laptop and got the same 'Code 10' in Device Manager and another non-functioning drive. Upon additional web searching, I found the following fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

While this fix references codes OTHER THAN a 'Code 10' error, it nevertheless solved the problem. Initially, I used the MS Fix It tool, but that didn't work. I ended up using the directions for Vista and modified the registry manually. (I reinstalled the original drive before proceeding.) ESPECIALLY, BECAUSE IT INVOLVED THE REGISTRY, I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.

Upon rebooting, I can finally see my drive in Computer, no more Code 10, and the drive is working like nothing was ever wrong. (Of course, I'll be returning the purchased drive.) Whatever you decide to do, good luck. 

HP Recommended

I have tried but When the Samsung Stand Alone Flasher opens,i click on the on the SEARCH Button and navigate to the file "SN-S083M_SB02_speedpatched.bin" to load it in the Samsung Flash Utility.

ERROR MESSAGE COMES
"Can't find sutiable Drive for F/W" 

What to do then??

HP Recommended

Piraterex, because I kept having the same problem of the Flasher not recognizing the drive, I abandoned this solution. If you read my last entry, I installed a new dvd drive (a different brand), and continued to get the Code 10 error. By continuing to get a Code 10 error with a different drive, I concluded that updating the soft/firmware was not my problem.

Based upon further research, it is my BEST GUESS that one of the Windows updates modified the Registry and created the Code 10 error. Again, even though the Microsoft Support link  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060 does not mention a Code 10 error, because the symptoms were the same, I tried this solution.

I CAREFULLY followed the instructions for my system (Vista), modifying the Registry by deleting the upper and lower filters in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and that made the drive functional. It has now been a little over a week and the drive continues to function fine.

Using the Microsoft FIX IT tool did not fix the problem. I had to do it manually.  Good luck, whatever you do.

HP Recommended

But i can't find upper and lower filters!!

HP Recommended

I appreciate assitance!

I have made it to the TSDNWIN dialog box where the CD drive hardware is identified but I cannot locate the SN-S083M_speedpatch file as .bin.  The download from Samsung was an .exe file, thus cannot find a .bin file in a search related to F/W File.  Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Once the command prompt opens, type the following: С:\FLASH\Tsdnwin.exe -nocheck

The drive will start flashing:smileywink:

HP Recommended

hi sir the problem is that i went to the samsungodd.com (the link you put to download the file

SN-S083N SB02.bin

but what i founf was a page with no download link in it

where can i downloads this file from ?

please help!!!!

thx

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.