Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There are many problems with the original post. I hope to provide a complete set of new instructions in the next few days. Some of the problems are mentioned by others but it is hard to glean the correct info from them all. So time to write a complete set of new instructions.

HP Recommended

is there any update to this problem,i had to do a complete restore on my system{ms213}

now the cd dvd doesnt play or see any disc i put in cd or dvd ,copy or store bought.

please help

HP Recommended

the only drivers i found are for a different drive,please help

HP Recommended

i am going to ask one more time,has anybody got any ideas ,like oh i dont know maybe the right drivers for this drive or  some way in windows to see if the drive is any good,or maybe i should just chunk this   in the garbage and build my own system and get away from HP all together.

Spoiler
Spoiler
:HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

pcterm2, I can only refer you back to my post from 07/16/2012, 11:43AM. Until I began posting to this thread, I’d tried the prior proposed solutions without any success. When I tried the solution proposed on the MS Support site https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060 my HP recognized the drive (once again). Because I haven’t used it recently, I used the drive before this post and it is still being recognized and functioning fine.

As I warned in that 2012 post, if you attempt this fix it will be wise for you to take your time and follow the MS instructions precisely. Good luck.

HP Recommended

thanks for answering so quickly,i have tried windows fix it with out any luck and the other fixes but alot of the links are not any good any more,can you help?            jim

HP Recommended

i am sorry i forgot ,i tried the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060 and it didnt work either

HP Recommended

pcterm2, my investment in researching extended only to the point that I was able to resolve my issue.  I am sorry that the MS 'fix' did not also work for you. I am also sorry that none of us got more support from HP. Again, good luck to you.

HP Recommended

:smileyhappy:well thanks for at least trying,i think it is a shame,this hp machine is the first one i bought new and i have had problems with it since-hard drive cratered at about 3 months old ,ended up send the machine back to hp and it has been one thing after another,cant say i am to happy with their product,i will just build a machine and toss this one.**bleep** shame.

again thanks alot

HP Recommended

i just remembered i never could get system restore to work and now the cd  dvd player problem,thats just the tip of the iceberg.haha

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.