Question

Honor Student
Murasaki-Yume
Message 1 of 6 (6,980 Views)

The fingerprint reader for HP ENVY dv6-7204se Notebook PC stopped working

I have HP Notebook PC with these spesifications:

HP ENVY dv6-7204se Notebook PC Product Specifications

The fingerprint reader has stopped working and when I check the biometric device in control panel I got this message: "

Windows did not find any biometric devices on this computer. You might need to attach your device of install device drivers".

I tried to fix this problem by going to this link Locate your product to get support

I did not get any results and it says that "We were unable to determine your specific product".  I also tried

Automatically find your products and solutions, but again I get this message "0 HP products were discovered"

why I can't find support for HP ENVY dv6-7204se :smileyhappy:

I need your help in fixing the fingerprint reader ... thank you

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 6 (6,973 Views)

Re: The fingerprint reader for HP ENVY dv6-7204se Notebook PC stopped working

Hi

Please find the web link given below might be helpful for you.

Troubleshoot a Fingerprint Reader

Setup and Use HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
Murasaki-Yume
Message 3 of 6 (6,970 Views)

I tried the links, but still the problem is not fixed because every step needs my product number and when I enter my product number I get this message: "We were unable to determine your specific product".

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 6 (6,948 Views)

Hello

I was unable to find the drivers searching with your product and model number as well.

I was able to keep searching and found this link and it was under our business site support. This is the drivers for your unit series and you should be able to download the fingerprint reader drivers from the link.

Let me know if this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
Murasaki-Yume
Message 5 of 6 (6,941 Views)

Thank you for the link, the fingerprint reader is back to normal.  I didn't install the driver, it worked yesterday by its own.  I will save the link for future use if someting happens to the fingerprint reader.  Thank you so much for all the help.

Professor
npw05001
Message 6 of 6 (6,931 Views)

Your welcome, thanks for posting!!!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation