Touch Pad Scroll stops working... (32098 Views)
Student
danny112288
Message 1 of 11 (32,098 Views)

Touch Pad Scroll stops working...

When I watch Videos on Youtube, my scroll on the touch pad stops working. I don't want to have to stop using the site just cause of this little problem, any ideas to a fix for this?

Student
eas56
Message 2 of 11 (32,045 Views)

Re: Touch Pad Scroll stops working...

I have this exact problem as well.

Honor Student
supajerm
Message 3 of 11 (32,022 Views)

This actually happens randomly on my laptop as well, and pisses me off beyond all means.  I have a G60-445D notebook and it seems the problem really is with the Synaptic Touchpad drivers itself or with my Windows 7 upgrade that doesn't like it.  Originally the laptop was on Vista and never really had issues.  After getting my 'upgrade disc' from bestbuy/hp I've had quite a few issues with the notebook (most have been easily resolved however).  

Really for this issue, HP probably shouldn't be to blame, but I will in this case seeings I have to go outside of the HP site to actually download the drivers for it (Please do add the driver to my notebooks drivers page, its quite annoying to find a driver outside of HP for my HP laptop..especially since we no longer send operating system discs or anything like that with the pc's we purchase now...but thats another issue that i have all together).

Being that nobody else has responded to this, I'll try to give my two cents of a solution to you.

Solution 1 (stupid solution really, but when im lazy or without internet at the time, this is my usual solution):

1) start

2) control panel

3) device manager

4) mice and other pointing devices

5) find your mouse in there, mine says:  Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad.  Right click this and choose properties

6) Click the drivers tab.

7) If you have an option to "rollback" the driver, do that.  If you do not have this option, it seems "update driver" SOMETIMES works for me, might need to reboot though.

8) if you DONT want to restart your computer after this when it comes up, you can click "no" most of the time and it still works.

Solution 2 (Still stupid, cuz HP doesn't have drivers listed for my device page):

1) go to http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

2) choose your OS and install the driver that you need.

3) Hope it works...if not, your best off trying solution 1.

Only problem is, this wont "STOP" it from failing, it will still crash on you from time to time.  I'm also sure there are better solutions though.  Hope this helped for time being alteast though.

Honor Student
megamind
Message 4 of 11 (28,778 Views)

My scroll stopped working.  The link says to uninstall the synaptics pointing device driver and then re-install it.  If I uninstall it how am I supposed to move the curser back to re-install it without a working mousepad?

Honor Student
megamind
Message 5 of 11 (28,751 Views)

Update!!!  Whomever preceded me, disreguard their info.  Do not follow symantics instructions!!!  I simply restarted my computer for an update before trying to fix the problem, and it fixed(so far.)  If I do have to uninstall and reinstall, I will do it while on remote access to hp, or so on!!

Student
lizzie5464
Message 6 of 11 (5,287 Views)

This totally worked!

Thanks!

Honor Student
aub7225
Message 7 of 11 (4,827 Views)

I used to be able to scroll using the touchpad but it has stopped working. How can I fix this problem?

Intern
aarzy888
Message 8 of 11 (4,820 Views)

Good job guys.. plz hit solved (who ever made the post) so other people can use this post if they have the same issue.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" "and is it definitely plug in"
Honor Student
aub7225
Message 9 of 11 (4,797 Views)

Good morning.

I don't know how to switch it on or off.

Honor Student
aub7225
Message 10 of 11 (4,776 Views)

there is no on/off switch on this laptop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation