Question

Honor Student
MS91
Message 1 of 5 (1,095 Views)

Touch Pad error

I just got an HP G62-347CL notebook and every once in awhile a picture with a finger comes up with a line through it and the light on the touch pad turns yellow and it stops working, I have been plugging in a mouse and that works but I mainly like to use the touch pad when using the computer. Any ideas?

Tutor
xaeross
Message 2 of 5 (1,063 Views)

Re: Touch Pad error

didn't you turn the touch pad off?
Posted from Facebook
Honor Student
MS91
Message 3 of 5 (1,051 Views)

No, an error shows up on the computer, a yellow light goes on on the touchpad, and then I either have to add the mouse or restart the computer

Student
x2fly
Message 4 of 5 (975 Views)

Yes, I am getting the same error. Touchpad locks up. Have to restart.... Do I keep hitting a button that causes this?? Please help. Thanks!

Honor Student
CaptFlapJack48
Message 5 of 5 (956 Views)

that is the touch pad lock. if you double tap where the little amber light is in the upper left hand corner it will turn the touch pad back on.... if you don't want the pad to be be able to turn off go into the synaptics pointer setting and turn off the disable touch pad feature.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation