Honor Student
EnergySyndicate
Message 1 of 3 (127 Views)
Accepted Solution

Touch pad issues, please help.

HP Pavilion Notebook

Model: 15-n096sa

Product: F4T58EA#ABU

I've installed Windows 8.1 Home Premium X64 on my notebook in the last week, it originally had version 8 installed when i bought it a month ago. Since upgrading the OS my touch pad no longer allows me to scroll with two fingers or magnify pages, use the right click function by tapping with two fingers & also bring up the options by sideswiping. All i am able to do now is move the pointer & click or double click with the pad. 

Can somebody please help me to resolve this as it's driving me crazy ? 

Thanks in advance. 

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Touch pad issues, please help.

[ Edited ]

Hello EnergySyndicate,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having issues with certain features of the Touchpad not working correctly. I believe this to be a settings issue. I am providing you with an HP Support document: Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 8) which will walk you through how to adjust the settings and ensure that the common Touchpad gestures is correctly configured.

I believe this will resolve your Touchpad issue and let you get back to enjoying your computer. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Honor Student
EnergySyndicate
Message 3 of 3 (88 Views)

Re: Touch pad issues, please help.

Thank you Dunidar, that worked perfectly & everything is back in order :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation