Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got an HP elitebook 2760p.   Everything works...except that I cannot seem to get the touchscreen to work.   Whether the screen is up (like a regular laptop), or flipped down (like a tablet), it does not respond to fingers or to the pen that comes with the computer.  I have tried using the touch screen while using internet explorer, while using the "desktop" of windows 7, and also while booting up the computer with it flipped like a tablet.

There is probably a very simple answer...and once I get it, I'll feel like a beef mind, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.   I can't seem to find any swich to turn on, whether physical or in the windows setting pages.  The computer did not come with a manual, but I looked up on the online manual and there is no information on "how to use the touch screen" 

Is there something that I must "turn on" in Windows 7, or a switch somewhere on the side of the computer which I need to flip to use the touch screen?   Could I be missing a driver?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You can go to your control panels and look for "Pen and Touch".  From there make sure under the "Touch" tab the "Use your finger as an input device" is checked. 

Also, there is a control panel called "Touch Settings".  Make sure the check box "Enable Touch" is checked.

As far as I know, all 2760p's are shipped with these checked.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem but when I go to Control Panel and click Touch Settings, it tells me "A supported touchscreen was not found on the system"

Do I have a defective screen?

WD

HP Recommended

Your EliteBook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Welcome WitchDoctor.

First thing.

What model # ???

What Windows OS are you running ???

Did the touchscreen work in the past ???

REO

HP Recommended

I managed to fix the problem.  I removed a whole bunch of drivers for Wacom and HID devices and then rebooted.   After installing another driver and another reboot the machine is working just fine.   

It is a 2760p the same as the OP.   Windows 7 fully updated.   Not sure if it ever worked.

But thanks for your response.

WD

HP Recommended

Witchdoctor.

Just sent you a PM.

Glad to see you worked it out.

Wacom is the standard for most touchscreens.

They are the best.

Let us know if there is anything else.

REO

HP Recommended

I have not had success with my touch screen Elitebook 2760p. With Windows 8 or Windows 10. Windows 7 worked fine until something happened. It's so sparatic. I've tried every driver I can think of. Wacom Feel driver makes it work but not all the time. Seems that if I double press the screen really quick twice, it disables and won't re-enable until I restart or until I double tap the screen again. Any help will do.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.