Question

Tutor
riggy69
Message 1 of 6 (2,570 Views)

TouchPad with on/off button and multi-touch gesture support

I've just purchased an HP Pavilion 17-e031sa Notebook PC.  Very pleased with it so far, but the specification incudes "TouchPad with on/off button and multi-touch gesture support".  So could someone please tell me where the touchpad on/off button is located?  I have downloaded the user guide, but the on/off button is not mentioned.  Thanks.

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 2 of 6 (2,565 Views)

Re: TouchPad with on/off button and multi-touch gesture support

Hi 

The on/off button is towards the Top left corner and it is a double tap to enable and disable it

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS Thumbs UP (Like) on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Tutor
riggy69
Message 3 of 6 (2,558 Views)

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I had seen that solution in another post, but it doesn't seem to work on my machine.  When I double tap the top/left area of the touchpad it just highlights small blocks of the display?

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 4 of 6 (2,551 Views)

Hi Try to enable this in Control panel>> Mouse settings >>Hardware >> double click on synapticsoriginal.png

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS Thumbs UP (Like) on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Tutor
riggy69
Message 5 of 6 (2,549 Views)

Thanks VJ, but the Synaptics version on my machine is 7.5 and doesn't seem to have the disable zone option. Here's a screenshot of what I have available.

TouchPad.jpg

Tutor
riggy69
Message 6 of 6 (2,546 Views)

I've just checked the Synaptics website about the issue and the instructions  are that the touchpad now has to be disabled through Control Panel/Device settings.  I have done that and sucessfully disabled it.  More information can be found here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation