Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Tali1

Thank you for re-posting with your product information. Unfortunately, this is the HP Forums and I would be unable to provide you with accurate information regarding your ASUS laptop. I would recommend that you state your issue on the ASUS Forums at support.asus.com/‎ . Be sure to provide as much information as possible like the model number and what information you can about your operating system so they can accurately answer your question.

I appreciate your posting on the HP Forums and if you have any questions or concerns relating to an HP product please re-post. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I tried this fix but when I go to devices then mouse in the Control Panel, I can't get any farther. I see the different tabs but cant navigate to them with the arrows on my keyboard, and my touchpad isn't working, so...

Is there no shortcut key on the HP 2000 Notebook with Windows 8 that allows for enabling / disabling the touchpad?

Already tried tapping the little circle twice with no luck. Also rebooted a few times now. Please advise.

HP Recommended

Hi HeatherD1970,

I saw your post about the issues you are having with the TouchPad and I will be happy to help. There are no shortcuts to disable or enable the TouchPad with the exception of doing the double-tap on the circle that you have already tried. I would suggest that you look at connecting an external mouse so you are able to browse to the correct tab.

If you can provided me with your product number, I can give you a link for the TouchPad drivers so you can uninstall and reinstall them.

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, I would really appreciate your help. I have a HP Envy TS 15

Prod # E3S14UA#ABA

I am experiencing the same type of problem with the scrolling feature. I clicked the "Scrolling" and enable all options under the menu, restarted the PC, but scrolling doesn't work anyway. What could be the suggestions? 

I also tried two-finger scroll and it does work.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi NataSturza,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I see that you are having problems with your TouchPad. I will be happy to help. Below is a link to the TouchPad drivers. Start by uninstalling the Synaptics device in Device Manager and then reinstall the drivers.

Opening Device Manager:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm

Synaptics TouchPad Driver Windows 8:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-118681-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My Touch pad scrolling isn't working. I just had a new hard drive installed and Windows 8 reinstalled, but I can't figure out how to get the scrolling to work. I have tried the suggestions posted and none of them seem to work. I can get to Mouse Properties then I can't find any of the options.

Please Help!!

HP Recommended

thanks for the post please 

rjv

HP Recommended

hi ! I have the same problem with my touchpad, scrolling doesn't work. I can reach the window where I have to put a tick to solve the scrolling problem but i can't (the tick doesn't appear when i click).... can you do something for me ?

HP Recommended

I got to the point of the two finger scrolling box and when I select, it displays the checkmark for  a few seconds and then disappears. Please advise. Thank you HP support!

HP Recommended

Issue resolved, thanks to the help and support of HP admin and moderators here! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.