Touchpad and Keyboard not working (2698 Views)
Student
jalayssha
Message 1 of 6 (2,698 Views)

Touchpad and Keyboard not working

For the last 2 weeks my keyboard and touchpad has not been working when I load onto the log in screen on Windows. The keyboard works while the computer is loading but once the log in screen comes up, I can not use both. I have tried taking the battery out and holding the power button and hitting F7 when the computer is loading but neither of them makes my touchpad or keyboard work. I can choose Safe Mode when the computer is loading but neither will work after Windows load. There was an update that completed two weeks ago and it started afterward.

I have a HP Pavillion Dv6t - 1200

Product Number FV161AV

I need to know how can this be fixed and IF it is worth fixing.

Thanks in  advance

Top Student
lXxXMinioNXxXl
Message 2 of 6 (2,695 Views)

Re: Touchpad and Keyboard not working

turn on the notebook while its turning on or booting up keep on tapping F8 button there will be options on how you want to boot the notebook choose safemode with command prompt, test your keys there and touchpad if it works most probably that your system got a malware that made the keyboard & touchpad malfunction... you got 2 options you could perform system restore but after a while the issue will exist or you could perform recovery but will wipe out all the information on the notebook (it will revert the notebook back to factory default condition) better to back up all  your data.

there is no harm in trying, just always give your best shot!!!
Honor Student
annha
Message 3 of 6 (507 Views)

My HP tab keyboard is not working its showing "Unfortunately android keyboard (AOSP) has stop
Honor Student
annha
Message 4 of 6 (506 Views)

Pkz a solution for dis
Honor Student
annha
Message 5 of 6 (505 Views)

Plz give a solution for this
HP
Lil_Lisa27
Message 6 of 6 (462 Views)

Hello annha,

I would like to be able to assist you with the Android keyboard, but first I would need to know what the full model number of your product is. I have include the document 'Guide to finding your product number'.

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation