Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, I am using an HP Pavilion dm4-3050us with Windows 8.1, and the touchpad scrolling is not working. I upgraded exactly two weeks ago on October 17th, and the scrolling has been working perfectly fine until today. Since I discovered the problem, I have done everything I could. I reinstalled the driver, I restarted the computer multiple times, I have played with the settings, but nothing is working.

There was another thread with the same problem, except that all the solutions that worked for those people did not work for me. I have multi-finger gestures turned on, and I have vertical scrolling turned on as well. What is interesting is that other gestures work perfectly fine, except for the gestures that require more than one finger. If I swipe in form the left side, I can switch between Windows 8 apps, and if I swipe in from the right side, the charms bar comes up. But I cannot scroll with two fingers, I cannot switch between apps with 4 fingers, and I cannot right click by tapping the touchpad with 2 fingers. These are all things that worked literally yesterday. Is there a reason that the touchpad can only register gestures that use one finger, but not those that use more than one finger?

(When I try scrolling with two fingers, the mouse does not move. This tells me that the computer knows that I am trying to scroll, but is not doing it. I know this because when I try to scroll with two fingers on a page that cannot be scrolled, the mouse just stays in place.)

Can you help me out?

Thanks,

Nick

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi HP,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, after the update multi-finger gesture just stopped working. Also, as explained by Nick, Multi-Finger gesture is turned on in the settings and when I tried to scroll, the pointer just doesn't move.

Hope you could help us solve this.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Kukari. If you are experiencing the same issue on the same computer in the same operating system, unfortunately there are no Windows 8.1 drivers available for the HP Pavilion dm4-3050us Entertainment Notebook on the HP driver download page.

HP offers version 16.2.10.12 which you can try to reinstall (if you have not).
Synaptics TouchPad Driver (Windows 8.0)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-109924-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Synaptics offers version 17.0.19, although it may not be compatible with your TouchPad.
Windows 8/7/XP/Vista 64/32-bit Edition v17.0.19:
http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

If the loss of functionality occurred after the Windows 8.1 update, you can either wait to see if the appropriate drivers are released for your notebook, or revert back to Windows 8.0.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

i have a hp computer and the touch pad has suddenly stopped working. can you pls offer a solution?

tks

HP Recommended

Hi Terry. Unfortunately the solutions you gave below did not solve my touchpad problems. However, I haven't tried reverting back to windows 8. Will post back here if reverting back will solve my problems.

Been experiencing some other issues with windows 8.1 as well so might as well revert back to windows 8.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi johnmar, welcome to the HP Forums. It is important to include details about the product(s) you are asking questions about. In this case knowing your notebook's model number would be beneficial. Also knowing the version of Windows that is installed is important. Some TouchPads have a square in the top left corner, which when double tapped enables and disables the touch pad. Let me know.

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108
<Which Windows operating system am I running?>: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-operating-system

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I have purchased a brand new hp pavilion n203tx laptop operating on Windows 8.1. The multi gesture feature is not working from the beginning. I have done all the settings in control panel though it is not working. Give an effective solution as fast as possible.
HP Recommended

touchpad

HP Recommended

I just purchase a Pavilion 17-f053us Notebook PC running Widows 8.1 for my fiancé and out of the box the touchpad scroll feature does not work. I ran the many updates a new computer requires and the problem continued. I then went to the Recovery Manager reinstalling the touchpad driver and restarted the laptop. The touchpad scroll still does not work. Any help out there please?

HP Recommended

just restrat your laptop

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.