Question

Top Student
Giovanni
Message 1 of 5 (3,293 Views)
Accepted Solution

Touchpad stoped working after 5m of entering win8 HP Envy m6-1125dx

I recently bought from the US an HP laptop, the HP Envy m6-1125dx. It comes with Windows 8 64bits. The problem is that when using it, about 4 minutes of logging in the OS with my account, the touchpad stops responding, I cant move the cursor, make clics, or do the multitouch gestures of the OS. The double tap on the top left side of the touchpad doesnt works, which function is to turn on or off the aforementioned touchpad. It happened sometimes this problem, from the second day of having it in my hands, I cant remember very well. But now, after updating some drivers with HP Support Assistant (Intel HD Media Accelerator, IDT High Definition Audio, Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers), it happens all the time, whenever I log on, 5 minutes after that (sometimes even less) , it stops working. Thanks for the help.

Main desktop:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | Asus P5QC | 4GB DDR2 800Mhz. Kingston memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 | Coolermaster GX750W | Seagate 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5 TB | LG M228WA 22" HD ready widescreen monitor/TV
Laptop:
HP Envy m6-1125dx
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 5 (3,264 Views)

Go into your device manager and uninstall the drivers for the touchpad. Once you have uninstalled the drivers, go to the tool bar in device manager and select "scan for hardware changes" and let it update the driver. Reboot the notebook and let me know if the issue continues.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Giovanni
Message 3 of 5 (3,242 Views)

Thanks!, it seems to be working, your solution, until tod...

Thanks!, it seems to be working, your solution, until today, I will report back if it appears again. Thanks again!.

Main desktop:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | Asus P5QC | 4GB DDR2 800Mhz. Kingston memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 | Coolermaster GX750W | Seagate 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5 TB | LG M228WA 22" HD ready widescreen monitor/TV
Laptop:
HP Envy m6-1125dx
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 5 (3,212 Views)

Great! Let me know if you have any more issues!
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
charliejones6
Message 5 of 5 (711 Views)

Re: Touchpad stoped working after 5m of entering win8 HP Envy m6-1125dx

I have had the same issue over and over and over. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times! I have had Arindam, Prasenjit and Latika fix it remotely numerous times. I have done the power management fix suggested on here. STILL HAVE THE ISSUE.  As I become more frustrated and do more investigation I find that this problem is WIDESPREAD and HP is aware but has done nothing for a permanent fix as of this writing. HP continues to produce and sell this item along with it's largest distributors continuing to sell this item all the while knowing it has an inherent problem they can't fix. This is text book ingredients for a large class action lawsuit. My attorney is ready to prepare a lawsuit that she is pretty confident will morph into a large class action.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation