Question

Top Student
shahbaz_saleem
Message 1 of 2 (205 Views)

TrueVision HD camera switched to spca2082 and is no longer showing image

Model: HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1025tu

So a couple of days ago my camera suddenly doesn't work. My camera, which used to show as TrueVision HD on both Youcam and Skype, is now showing as spca2082, and all I get is a black loading screen.

I also tried the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand Imaging devices, right click on the HP Webcam entry and select Properties.

Select the driver tab and then click on the 'Update driver' button.  Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and then choose 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

Remove the tick from the box next to 'Show compatible hardware'.  Under the Manufacturer column, left click 'Microsoft' to high light the entry and then select 'USB Video Device'.  Click next to install the driver.

When done, restart the notebook.

Any help would be appreciated, please.

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)

Re: TrueVision HD camera switched to spca2082 and is no longer showing image

Hi shahbaz_saleem,

I understand that you are having issues with your TrueVisioin HD webcam. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Here is a document for Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 8) that may resolve your issue. You will also need to scan for HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1025tu Drivers for the most up to date driver for the webcam.

I hope this information helps, please let me know.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation