Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-j150us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All,

I have a HP ENVY 15-j150us Notebook upgraded to Windows 10 (64-bit) with four (4) USB 3.0 ports, two on the left side of the laptop and two on the right. The 2 USB ports on the left (the ones affixed to the motherboard) work fine. However, the two USB ports on the right (the ones on the controller card) do not work as intended. I do not believe it is a hardware problem as the ports will charge my android, but not detect the device to view its contents.

I’m thinking it may be a driver issue, so would anybody be able to help me locate the correct driver to get the USB 3.0 ports on the controller card working again?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Here's what my USB Controllers look like:

Screenshot (2).png

HP Recommended

Lion20

Please install  Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72043.exe

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72045.exe

Reboot

after reboot run windows update

android problem

Update the Kies or reinstall over the kies the usb driver

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

No luck after installing the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver and Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  The Device Manager for the USB controller looks the same and Windows Update showed my computer was up to date after performing the installs.

HP Recommended

Ilion20

the screenshot is OK.

Had you all Windows 10 driver installed.

Your System Link

Please install the HP Utility Center and reboot.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67336.exe

should not go this

use first Windows 10 Troubleshooting

second Troubleshooting USB connections

Microsoft Fix it: Microsoft provides a web-based automatic diagnostic and repair application. Go to the Microsoft Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows webpage (in English) and click the green Run now button. Then follow the on-screen instructions. If the device still does not work, go to the next step.

Test the Intel driver Utility for update

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Again, no luck with any of the suggestions.  And Windows 10 is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time.

HP Recommended

please install the new UEFI

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71522.exe

After Reboot

oben the device manager check every USB driver for update

and check the Save Power settings

Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

1. Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
  2. Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
  3. Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on Next to run the troubleshooter

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, nothing seems to solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Lion20

An update error

Please made a Hard reset

Please Download the Intel Chipset Update setupchipset.exe

Run it and reboot

Run Windows update

HP Recommended

Again, no luck.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.