Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My mechine HP Pavilion g7 Notebook pc  seerial no 5CD2527GQX

HP Recommended

Hello Majesties.  I understand you're also looking for a driver for the USB host controller.  

What is the model number of your notebook (not the serial number)?  This document can show you where it is located.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Jim, your recommended solution didn't work for me as the install shield wizard refused to install the WiDi software. I have an HP Envy m6 Notebook PC. The message I het is "This platform is not compatible with Intel WiDi or the application is in use. Please see the log for more details"

Do you have or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Annraoi

HP Recommended

Gracias Jim

Me sirvio de mucho tu link, ya que pude solucionar mi inconveniente con mi ENVY m6.

Abrazos desde Argentina.

HP Recommended

hi i have the same issue my lapto is 

Product name: HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC

Product number: C2C13EA#ABV

Windows 8 Single Language 64-bit 

HP Recommended

Hello mansour_farokhi.  I understand you're having issues with your USB Host Controller.

Have you tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling the drivers?  Try the following.

1. From either the Metro or Desktop view press the Windows+X key combination.  This opens the Context Menu.
  2. Select Device Manager.
  3. Expand the section containing the host controller.
  4. Right click the device and select uninstall.
  5. Install this driver and reboot the computer.
  6. Post the result.

Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

Re: USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller

HP Recommended

I am having the same issues.  I have a new HP Pavillion G6 - 2253CA Notebook.  Could you please explain what I would need to do in simple and easy steps, as I only have simple computer knowledge.  Thanks

HP Recommended

I have tried deleting and re-installing the driver without success.

HP Recommended

Hello Lorna499.  I understand you've got an exclamation point next to the USB Host Controller in your Device Manager.

I'd like you to first try installing this driver.

Let me know the result and have a wonderful day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.