Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

I have solution for this problem, you do step by step in this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/iwd/sb/CS-031109.htm

I am using HP Envy 15 3040nr

I hope work for you.

HP Recommended
thanks i need that kind of help
HP Recommended

Hi Attack of Zac

I am having the same problems with my HP envy 17 notebook

The product number is A2Q36EA#ABU

Any help would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

HP Recommended

@jonesthesteam73,

See the following document for an update that is intended to resolve the USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller error. 

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c03693378&jumpi...

The driver is also linked to directly in message 34 from Intel's site.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hi Cloud Strider

Thanks for the link. It downloaded ok but unfortunately the computer will not install the software.

I get the message that the platform is not compatable with the Intel(R) WiDi or the application is in use. I cannot see that the WiDi is running.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Regards

HP Recommended

Since the WiDi device does not have a driver in device manager (this should be what the USB-IF xHcI USB Host Controller is), you won't be able to see that it is running at this point.

Do you get the same message with AttackofZaq's driver in post 34 of this thread?  It is a little newer than what is in the document.

Also, what is the hardwareID of the device?  This can be done by right-clicking it and selecting properties>details>change the property to hardware IDs. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I have tried the newer version (4.0.18.0) but again get the message that it won't allow me to install as a previous version is running.

The current version installed is 3.5.34.0 to which no adapter will connect.

HP Recommended

To confirm, as the original post was about this issue, does device manager have a device labeled as USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller?  If so, what is the hardware ID?

Signature
HP Recommended

Have just rechecked for this on device manager and cannot find the device at all.  I think it was uninstalled and I attempted to reinstall the driver as per advice in one of Attack of Zac's previous posts.

Installing the new driver has not been successful with any of the driver types suggested in the thread so far.

HP Recommended

The original topic for this thread was the USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller device with an error in device manager.  It appears your issue is a little different.

What is the exact issue you are experiencing?

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.