Question

Student
ReaW
Message 1 of 2 (777 Views)

USB Ports Aren't Working

I have a HP pavilion g series laptop. I'm not sure what it is or anything, that's all I know about it.

But anyway, my USB ports aren't working.

I tried plugging in my mouse and i tried plugging in my xbox 360 controller, the lights come on for a few seconds on both of them, but then they went off and my computer won't pick them up.

What do I do to fix it this problem?

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 2 (753 Views)

Re: USB Ports Aren't Working

Try to go into device manager and see if you have any yellow !s or red triangles near the usb ports. Remove all the usb ports and hubs and reboot the machine.  The drivers should reload automatically. Do the hard reset by removing the battery, unplugging the power adaptor, holding in the power button for a full minute, putting the battery and power adaptor back in and try it again.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation