Question

Honor Student
Rhinohazard
Message 1 of 2 (3,624 Views)

USB charge while sleeping

Hey,

I notice in an add from Toshiba that their notebooks can now charge cell phones while the notebook is in sleep mode, and possibly even while turned off.  Would there be any way for a DV6-2064ca to be able to do something similar?  I sync my smartphone to my notebook while I'm home, but until I can figure out how to shut off the lid light, I'm putting the notebook into sleep mode over night and it doesn't charge my phone.\

If it will be in a future BIOS update, that'd be cool, I can wait...

Len

Student
TroyMars
Message 2 of 2 (3,211 Views)

Re: USB charge while sleeping

My old Acer AspireOne running XP will charge devices in standby mode on battery power, but not my new HP Mini for some reason in sleep mode on battery power.

If I connect the Mini to the wall AC adapter and then put it into sleep it will charge the usb connected devices, but not if I put it to sleep while only on batter power. Here's the kicker. If I unplug the AC wall adapter after putting the computer to sleep; it will still charge my devices. This shows there isn't anything wrong with the hardware to make it unable to charge in standby there just isn't any setting to do so. 

I've clicked on the only two setting I can to make it send power while on battery sleep, but it refuses to send power to the usb on battery. Disabling the computers ability to turn off the usb to save power in the power settings and in the device manager to not allow it there either but nothing works. 

I'm SERIOUSLY considering taking this thing back on this soul issue since I only bought it a few days ago. I ride my bicycle to different states, and it is very important that I can charge my iPod to have my maps with me so I don't get lost. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation