USB device not recognised error message, HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b005sa, Windows 8 (114 Views)
Top Student
belueberry
Message 1 of 4 (114 Views)

USB device not recognised error message, HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b005sa, Windows 8

Starting from this morning I am getting the error message "USB device not recognised. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it" popping up pretty much constantly in the corner of my screen, despite the fact that no USB device is plugged in. Today I also had my laptop camera light flash on and off a few times despite me not touching it.

The system updated a few days ago but this problem did not manifest until today.

This is incredibly annoying. How do I stop this without doing a system restore? I will lose so much work if I do that; I have a program that does not back up properly no matter what I do. 

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 4 (107 Views)

Re: USB device not recognised error message, HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b005sa, Windows 8

Hi

Please try these steps given below might help you to fix your issue.

Go to device manager and uninstall all USB Root hub then restart the unit and check if the issue is fixed.

Go to HP.COM and update the latest Bios on the unit.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Top Student
belueberry
Message 3 of 4 (102 Views)

Re: USB device not recognised error message, HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b005sa, Windows 8

[ Edited ]

Uninstalled all root hubs but popup still occurred. Trying to update bios caused my computer to immediately crash. I will try again but would appreciate some other ideas. Thanks.

EDIT: Bios updated. Will see whether the problem has been solved. Leaving this question open for now.

Top Student
belueberry
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)

Update: Problem still not solved. Getting really really sick of all these glitches with this HP product, seriously. One thing after another.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation