Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

my G61 110 SA notebook fails to load drivers for any usb device, including Iphone 4, until i reboot. i have tried uninstalling all usb devices in the Device Manager, and allowing windows 7 SP1 to reload them, but this does not help. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Technotrousers, 

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers.
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that for your USB is not recognizing devices until you have rebooted your system. You have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but no change.

Would you try these steps

Go to Computer

Right click and choose manage

Double Click on Device Manager

Click on the USB to expand

Right click on one of the root hubs and choose properties

Click on the power management tab

Uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Repeat the above process for the remaining USB root hubs.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Technotrousers, 

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers.
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that for your USB is not recognizing devices until you have rebooted your system. You have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but no change.

Would you try these steps

Go to Computer

Right click and choose manage

Double Click on Device Manager

Click on the USB to expand

Right click on one of the root hubs and choose properties

Click on the power management tab

Uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Repeat the above process for the remaining USB root hubs.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Worked brilliantly, many thanks, thats going to save me sometime.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.