Question

Honor Student
Javi1974
Message 1 of 4 (137 Views)

Unable neither to burn CDs nor to recover factory image

I can't burn DVDs at my HP G6-2212ES.

I'm recieving system messages asking me to create the recovery disks, but when I try it does't burn anything. 

I've tried to burn a CD and a DVD using Cyberlink Media Suite, but it doesn't burn anything.

As this system has been upgraded from Windows 8 to windows 8.1, i thought that perhaps this could be the reason, so I tried to  go back to the factory image, to try again. The problem is that when I try to go back to the factory image (using F11) I recieve a message saing it wasn't able to do it, because there is not a needed partitition. However, if I open the file explorer I see the partition (D:smileyhappy: and the folder it has (recovery).

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Honor Student
Javi1974
Message 2 of 4 (130 Views)

Re: Unable neither to burn CDs nor to recover factory image

Sory for the Smiley. Where it appears, it should be "D: )"
Honor Student
Javi1974
Message 3 of 4 (128 Views)

I've tried the Hp Support assistant optical disk check succesfully, so I'm afraid the problem is not in hardware. Perhaps I should have posted this question in another category.
HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 4 (102 Views)

Hi Javi1974,

I understand you are having issues with your HP Pavilion g6-2212es Notebook burning a CD/ DVD. Here is a link that might help resolve this issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03486258&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=e...

I was wondering if you can play a music CD?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation