Upgrade to Windows 8 Webcam not Working HP Envy 14-1050ea (6497 Views)
Honor Student
Paultca
Message 1 of 11 (6,497 Views)
Accepted Solution

Upgrade to Windows 8 Webcam not Working HP Envy 14-1050ea

Hello everyone, I have upgraded to windows 8 pro and my webcam is not working. I have tried installing the HP sotware from the HP drivers and support website and I have tried using the device manager in windows to detect the webcam without success.

My computer is HP ENVY 14-1050ea Notebook PC.

Does anyone know the steps that I can take to recognise the device in Windows 8? Thank you very much for your help.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 11 (6,461 Views)

I was not able to find any drivers specifically for the web cam. I did find software to use the camera, but that was all I could find.

However, I do have a question about the Windows 8 upgrade process that was used.

Did you do an in-place upgrade or a clean install of Windows 8?

Go back to device manager. Is there anything here at all in an other category indicating it is having some type of an issue?

There are certain events that will need to happen.

Go to the start screen and search for uninstall a program. Select this option in the settings category.
This should take you to the Desktop app and show the familiar uninstall a program feature from Windows 7.
Select add/remove Windows Components on the left.

Is Framework 3.5 checked here? If not, enable this and install it.

Then, install the HP framework which is needed for some HP programs. This is a Windows 7 installation, but it should go through.
http://goo.gl/jDI7X

Once that is finished, reboot the system.

Let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Paultca
Message 3 of 11 (6,431 Views)

Re: Upgrade to Windows 8 Webcam not Working HP Envy 14-1050ea

Hello Cloud_Strider, your solution has solved my problem. Thank you so much.

I did an in-place upgrade to Windows 8, however I have issues with the dual graphics cards in my laptop and the screen is always the extended display. Before I realised this was the case I rebooted a number of times and windows offered to refresh the install which removed all of my programs.

Thank you again for your assistance - I am very grateful.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 11 (6,402 Views)

Glad to hear your issue was resolved.

Thanks for letting the community know what resolve the issue for you.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
fts_67
Message 5 of 11 (6,376 Views)

Hello 

Ive also upgrade to windows 8 with a HP envy 14-1050 and having graphics driver issues due to dual graphics. Black screen on boot which I can bypass with pressing power button to sleep and then walk up. I have tried refreshing the install but with no success. I have tried installing original ATI Catalyst software and drivers from HP support which only works until I restart. Also tried automatic update to latest version and still get the same issue. I am currently using just the Intel HD graphics which does work once I get past the boot screen but if i plug in external monitor the screen blacks out again. Does anyone know of a solution to the graphics issue?

Thanks

Honor Student
Paultca
Message 6 of 11 (6,362 Views)

Hello fts_67,

I found the shortcut to change the laptop display to "the second screen only" was windows key + p; this saved me putting the laptop into standby and waking which is what you are doing.

I haven't solved the problem but I have compromised by using a single graphics processor. I went into the control panel, device manager and disabled the intel graphics card. My laptop now boots to the high performance everytime, but obviously not good for running on battery.

Windows + p  should cycle through the display options and will work even if your laptop monitor is black. Hope this helps.

HP if you are reading this is not what I bought my laptop for - and I won't buy another premium laptop form you because I would like it to work for more than 1 operating system upgrade and more than a few years. I also haven't been able to purchase a battery slice which was advertised when I bought my computer.

Honor Student
fts_67
Message 7 of 11 (6,339 Views)

Hello Paultca

Thanks for the information on your solution, Unfortnatly I'm stuck with the Intel HD graphics card as keep getting  driver errors with ATI card. So the 'window key + p' is hit and miss so far, HP really needs to fix this these were high end laptops and a simple upgrade has made the machine very un-usable unles with alot of effort on the users behalf.

Honor Student
bhcva
Message 8 of 11 (6,302 Views)

Re: Upgrade to Windows 8 Webcam not Working HP Pavilion dv6000

Web cam not working under win8.  Driver claims to be the latest.  Loaded Hp framework...not change.  Don't have framework 3.5 listed in the windows services list.  Disabled wecam and re-enabled...no change.

Any thoughts?  Thanks,  Bruce

Student
natgeat
Message 9 of 11 (5,912 Views)

I tried doing this on my Pavilion dv6 and it still didn't work. I upgraded to Windows 8 and my computer refuses to recognize the webcam anymore. I tried finding a third party software like IT told me but to no avail. Do you know if there is anything else I can do without reverting back to Windows 7 or buying a webcam?

Student
daya602
Message 10 of 11 (1,624 Views)

HELLO,  I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE, MY WEBCAM IS NOT WORKING ,. WHAT CAN I DO WHIT THIS ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation