Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The purchase specifications say that my new Mini 210's ram can be upgraded to 2GB (1GB of system memory that is user upgradeable to 2GB),  Does anyone know what memory chip to install.  Goto any of the suggested sites including HP and you will find the Mini 210 is not listed.

If this problem is not resolved soon, the mini is going back to Costco and HP will be taken off of my source list for computers.

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended

Hello, Whuck!

Hp support pages has lot of information about your netbook, but you must now the exact version of your Mini 210 to do a good search. There are more than 12 versions of Mini 210...

Generaly speaking, Hp Mini 210 Series can use 2 GB DDR2 memory.

To determine the exact kind of memory, use Crucial Tool at:

http://www.crucial.com/store/drammemory.aspx

regards,

Rolive

HP Recommended

Thanks for the respons.  If you follow the link, you will find no data for the Mini 210. 

HP Recommended

Did you run the crucial scan?  I am asking because I am about to purchase one of these minis for school.

Knowing what kind of chip to purchase would sure be helpful.

HP Recommended

This is the info I received from HP Support for Mini 210 RAM Upgrade

The HP Mini 210 HD Edition series uses an 800MHz, 200-pin, PC2-6400, SDRAM Small Outline Dual In-Line Memory Module (SODIMM).  If you wish to add memory, I recommend choosing Windows 7 as your operating system.  This unit has only one memory slot.  The HP Parts Store only has memory for this product in 1GB quantities so to get a 2GB module you need to good through a third party company

HP Recommended

and how di we find out exactly what kind of HP Mini...I have an HP Mini 210 HD Series...and can't find anything on that, it's not listed anywhere except in the purchase area....

HP Recommended

I have the MINI 210HD and upgraded the ram  as designated in my previous post . Purchased Crucial thru Amazon. Easy to install and works great.

HP Recommended

Your model number is on the box the mini came packed in - there is a sticker on one side with all pertinent information.

HP Recommended

I am thinking of buying an hp mini 210 (not the HD series) and I'm not interested in windows 7 starter so i want XP.  I've seen in many areas that windows 7 is recommended to make the RAM upgrade, is the XP version not able to handle this upgrade?

HP Recommended

I own hp mini 210-1040 ev.

which type of RAM should i buy?

2GB 800 MHZ or 667 MHZ?

from HP support assistant program it says that it uses 1 GB 667 Mhz DDR2  SODIMM ram, but in internet i read that it can be 800 Mhz.

Please for some help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.