Using Webcam in Hp probook 4540s (18285 Views)
Honor Student
Farhan-Advani
Message 1 of 11 (18,285 Views)

Using Webcam in Hp probook 4540s

How to Use Webcam in Hp probook 4540s, as i didnt find any icon to use webcam, well i can use webcam through skype but  is there a option to use without skype.?

Kindly please help me

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 11 (18,277 Views)

Re: Using Webcam in Hp probook 4540s

I believe your Webcam software is "Arcsoft".

You might find your webcam by looking in

Start > type / search "arcsoft" and then Clicking on the item to start up the Webcam software.

======================================================================================

Generally speaking, the HP version of the webcam software provided for "free" with our systems is a stripped down version of the same type of that software that is available for purchase. 

For example, there is a paid version of Arcsoft software that provides video and 3D -- does your webcam software do that?  It may have the video, it may not have the 3D...

======================================================================================

Can you use the webcam software for other than Skype?

• What you can do with the software depends on the level of sophistication of your webcam software package... You might at least be able to use the webcam software with other social media tools and programs: Instant Messenger, Live Messenger...
  • You can always opt to purchase a program that does what you want -- it costs money, of course, but you do get more features with the paid products.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
Farhan-Advani
Message 3 of 11 (18,268 Views)

by searching "arcsoft" it aint coming any thing!

Sir i have bought the laptop HP probook 4540s recently of  $645.8 with a dos!

and downloaded the drivers from your website.

If i wanted to use webcam by snapping own picture or for other use then there should be an option in my computer or control panel. 

As in device manager there is a hp webcam by seeing the property there is written your device is working properly.

Is it a specific software for hp laptop 4540s to use webcam without any social messenger?

if there is then please mention the name and the link as well so that i can download

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 11 (18,266 Views)

I was able to find that information in the manual for your computer.

From Hp probook 4540s User Guide :

Start > All Programs > ArcSoft
TotalMedia Suite > WebCam Companion

I do not find that software in your Driver list for your computer for Windows 8.

At the moment, I do not have another source for this driver.

The following Arcsoft software package is available for Windows 7:

ArcSoft Webcam Sharing Manager

Please direct your inquiry to HP for your new computer. 

Be sure to indicate your Operating System -  Windows 8 or Windows 7.

Contact HP – USA and Worldwide

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
mihailgreceanu
Message 5 of 11 (17,100 Views)

i have a porblem using webcam on hp probook4540s, i am runing windows 7 ultimate x64 and i have installed the hp universal camera driver and the arcsoft driver and the webcam dosen't work, is there any order of installing the drivers? or what else i can do? please help

Top Student
mihailgreceanu
Message 6 of 11 (17,099 Views)

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/HP-Webcam-Software-Utility-102827777-Download-81727.html    

download and install the software and then you will find it in start menu

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 7 of 11 (17,072 Views)

Hello Mihailgreceanu,

You are using a business/ commercial computer, and have posted on the consumer forum. To get the best and most accurate response to your issue please post on the business/commercial forum, see the link below that will direct you to the proper location. You also may have to create a new profile.

HP Probook Forum

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
I work for HP.
Student
nana_nana198829
Message 8 of 11 (4,981 Views)

theank u

Top Student
mihailgreceanu
Message 9 of 11 (4,706 Views)

hello there, you n eed to have a different sepparately software, there is one from hp, or alternatively software like the manycam, Goodluck and sorry if i wrote something wrong En is not my native language :smileyvery-happy:

Student
AWAD111
Message 10 of 11 (3,619 Views)

i cant find icon webcam in my disktop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation