Question

Honor Student
Qbfinest83
Message 1 of 4 (5,598 Views)

Want to add Bluetooth to laptop

Before I start I wanted to say that yes I know there USB Bluetooth devies out there but thats not what I am looking for.

I have a DV6T-2000 that I purchase for christmas. Once I got it I saw that I select the wrong option in the network settings. I wanted to pick Intel Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth  but I picked Intel Wireless-N Mini-card instead. I tried to google Intel Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth but kept coming up with results for buying a whole laptop. I was able to find the Intel Wireless-N Mini-card 5100AGN card for sell but none of them have bluetooth. My questions are these: are the Wireless and bluetooth cards separate and if not what is the part number for Intel Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 4 (5,594 Views)

Re: Want to add Bluetooth to laptop

Bluetooth is a separate module. Check the Service manual here:

Manual

Page 4-32 shows the Bluetooth and page 4-16 shows the wireless card. The Bluetooth module is much harder to get at.

Tutor
bkspero
Message 3 of 4 (5,590 Views)

You might want to just buy a USB bluetooth adapter for <$20.  Some are just small nubs on the end of the USB connector so they do not stick out from the computer and may be left in permanently.  It will use up one of your USB ports, so if that leaves you with too few, it is not an option.

Just google "usb bluetooth" and you will get multiple hits.

Honor Student
Qbfinest83
Message 4 of 4 (5,586 Views)

Thanks yeah i saw the manual and saw how hard it was to actually get to and on top of that I went to HP Part Store and I think I might need to buy it with the cable kit  it was to actually get to so I decide I am just going to get one of those donagle devices instead. Thank you very much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation