Question

Honor Student
lionshooter
Message 1 of 6 (6,538 Views)

Warranty extension/repair HP and Compaq laptops

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01087277#c01087277_identify

HP has identified a hardware issue with certain HP Pavilion dv2000/dv6000/dv9000 and Compaq Presario V3000/V6000 series notebook PCs

This service enhancement program is available in North America for 24 months after the start of your original standard limited warranty for issues listed below

The following symptoms apply to the dv6000, dv9000 and v6000 series notebooks:
  • The notebook does not detect wireless networks and the wireless adapter is not detected in the Device Manager.
  • There is no video on the computer LCD panel or external monitor.
  • The notebook has no power and no active LEDs.
  • The notebook does not start.
  • The battery charge indicator light does not turn on when the battery is installed and the AC adapter is connected.
  • The notebook issues a single beep during boot indicating no power.
  • The external monitor functions but there is no image on the notebook LCD panel.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Service enhancements and free shipping
Student
RYDESTRELLA
Message 2 of 6 (5,406 Views)

Re: Warranty extension/repair HP and Compaq laptops

Are these warranty repairs still in effect?  My Broadcom WLAN adapter on my dv6408nr just disappeared (VISTA Device Manager cannot locate the hardware nor the drivers).

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 3 of 6 (5,387 Views)

i think all of the models are now out of the 24month coverage period. Hp no longer offers hardware support for such models. Read here since you are now victim of the dreaded gpu failure,,

Student
gabler
Message 4 of 6 (1,727 Views)

LCD screen on my HP Pavilion dv6108nr Notebook only shows 1/2 of the screen to the left side, nothing on the right side at all.  Could it be a bad video cable, bad video chipset, or a bad LCD screen ?  Thanks

Honor Student
smc2323
Message 5 of 6 (1,695 Views)

Do u know where I can read more about this? the link is no longer there... just like other links that talk about the problem.. i just got off the phone with HP and told them I was looking at the page on their website that clearly stated there was a hardware issue.. of course she said my laptop was not under warranty and refused to look at the page or give me an email to where i could send her the link.. i came on my desktop after and went to the link.. IT'S GONE!!!!! i still have it on my ipod and i took pictures of it. but im sure they will come up with something to refute it. i am so frustrated!!!!

Provost
Huffer
Message 6 of 6 (1,687 Views)

The affected laptops were sold in 2007 and 2008. Normally they would have had a 12 month warranty which was extended to 24 months. There was also a class action lawsuit against nVidia and it provided some benefits to affected owners but also closed a couple years ago. This is all very old news and there is no more warranty or legal assistance available for the dv2000, dv6000 and dv9000 series.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation