Web cam won't work (2856 Views)
Top Student
bobhewson
Message 1 of 3 (2,856 Views)

Web cam won't work

My built-in webcam has been working fine until I tried it today and it is not recognized and is not working.

I can not find the webcam listed under scanners and cameras is the control panel whereas it is is listed in same in the device manager.

When checking the device manager its icon has a small yellow "!" showing.

The problem is listed as:
 "This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

I checked "solutions" button and no action.

I have searched the web and find no solution nor cause for the code 10 error.

I have tried to update the drivers but none are found.  

The drive in use is by Ricoh, dated 12/18/06, ver 6.1003.101.0

I have disabled and enabled the webcam with no success

I have attempted the repair process  that is an option when you use the uninstall button, with no success.

I am at a loss to know how to re-install/repair this installation.

My computer is a HP Pavilion DV2000 laptop running Windows Vista with all current updates.

Any suggestions on how to get it running again would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Teacher
JMyrc
Message 2 of 3 (2,853 Views)

Re: Web cam won't work

[ Edited ]

Check out this post and run through the list, hopefully one of these will fix your issue.

Though I am an HP employee, I am not here as a representative for them. I am here of my own accord to help those requesting it.

Please demonstrate any appreciation for help with a kudos!
Honor Student
jburnsdv6
Message 3 of 3 (2,700 Views)

Re: Web cam won't work

I have an HP DV6 and my Webcam doesn't work, it gives me an error message, one says the device is not on the other says no device present. I called support and after 3 hours of being on the phone its still broke the support was absolutely no help at all...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation